Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

How to install a fuel pump for 91 crx?

12K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CRXsiR84 
#1 ·
My car is not starting up!! So i'm planning to install the starter tonite and if that don't won't than i'm going to try to install the fuel pump. Anyone know how to install it? THANK :confused

#6 ·
You have to drop the fuel tank, it’s a bitch to do. Why don’t you check to see if your getting fuel before you try replacing it? All you have to do is crank the engine some then pull a plug and smell. If you smell gas its not the fuel pump

#7 ·
either that or use a 12mm wrench and release the pressure from the pressure release nut on top of the fuel filter.. be sure to use a rag - also, once you have a dry tank for a while or if your engine has been sitting.. you need to prime the fuel lines with fuel.. meaning you just need to turn the key to the on part (not start) you'll hear the fuel pump come on for a sec to build up pressure. then turn the key off and repeat. once you do that a few times, your motor should start right up.
also you gotta drop the tank..I think you can get to it if you remove the rear interior panels.. so whatever is easier.

#13 ·
man ur being real dumb bout this and throwin soo much $$ away!! dont just go throwing things at the car hoping that it will fix the prob. try to pin point the prob as best as possabe. for all you know right now it could be a fuse!!! or a melted wire!! does it crank?? if it cranks and just doesnt start.. check the plugs, are they nasty? clean em or replace em, then check for spark, be sure your plug wires are not crossing eachother, it will cause a cyl. to fire when its not spose to, if spark is good, does it have fuel, like they said check the bleader on top of the fuel filter.... id replace the filter ne way cuz those are always neglected, check your battery!! does it have 12+ volts?? are there any blown fuses in the main fuse box, or inside??? ur throwing money away man by throwin parts at it, dont do that. good luck
Tyler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.