Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Send air to windshield without A/C

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  newFitOwner 
#1 ·
I understand that when directing vent air to the windshield, the A/C is automatically engaged in order to dehumidify the air. This happens regardless of whether the A/C button is pressed.

Is there any way to avoid the automatic A/C when directing vent air at the windshield? When I have air venting in from the outside, it's typically devoid of the moisture from human breathing, and it should be enough to defog the interior of the windshield. I do not like having the A/C on sometimes because it's just darn cold. And I don't want to set the temperature away from the extreme blue end because I don't like the smell of the heater. Having the A/C on also cools the windsheild, which causes fog and condensation on the outside, especially on humid or wet days, or when entering a humid building like a garage or car wash. This is the kind of thing that should be left to the driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.