Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

yonaka vs raceland coilovers

10K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Darkness 
#1 ·
I was doing some research & came across these coil overs yonaka. Have anyone used these personally on their gsr etc. They say they're adjustable like the race land. Just wanted to see how you like them for dd.

Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
I run Megan racing coilovers (yeah, yeah, I know). Don't be cheap with your suspension, I regret it, the Megans are oversprung (at least for my car) and every small bump feels like my spine is going to shatter. I recommend BC Sports, Fortunate Auto, Tein, D2s, or Ground Controls. Just my $0.02

#7 ·
I appreciate every ones suggestions. I was really looking at this setup at first kyb agx ,h/r sport springs & sk2 camber kit & sk2 or f7 lca. I have 218k on my oem shocks/springs etc.
Now I have twins, but they don't ride in the gsr hatch lol. So that's why I was looking at the race lands because I'm on a tighter budget now. I still have to get a front camber kit & possibly lca . Oh btw only lowering car no more than 1.5" or 2 finger gap. keeping my mud guards also. As of now I can tell my shocks worn out. It don't bounce or hit hard over bumps but my left fr. 4 finger gap, left r barely 4 finger, rf my whole hand & r rear whole hand.
Other setups I was reading about was people using tokico blues, h/r springs & Gr2 with oem springs. Definately gotta get rid of these springs.
Any other setup you can suggest on a budget.
Thanks Family

#8 ·
Blues are basically a eom replacement and h&r has a stiff rate so that marriage won't last long. Gr2 and oem will be like oem...junk2 makes a sport shock that has a shorter valve body and you can use junk2 or h&r on that...I wouldn't skimp out on a suspension part. Koni and GC are pretty good...before that I had Koni and eibach sportlines.....the Koni have a adjustable spring perch.

#9 ·
Either Koni or Bilstein if you want your best bang for the buck. If you don't have the money to do it right, don't try to do anything but fix the OEM problem with factory replacements. Being cheap with your parts, especially your suspension setup is a bad idea.

#10 ·
accordsleeper89, yeah I'm gonna go with agx, h/r sports & sk2 camber when I sale my hatch. Prob get lca also because don't want the broken bolt issue I hear. My buddy had koni & eibach on his 97 gsr. He left settings how he recieved them. It rode nice. We parked side by side & can tell he was a little lower. Was gonna go raceland for price/ already had shocks/springs & just needed camber kit. But, yes suspension is important with 218K on oem shocks/springs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.