Award-winning CarChip—finalist in TechTV’s 2003 Best of CES awards and winner of SEMA 2003 Best Engineered New Product—consists of a tiny “black box” data logger, a CD with software for analyzing the data, and a cable and power adapter for downloading. The data logger plugs into the OBDII connector in your car, where it continuously collects and stores data from the car’s computer control systems.
Easy Plug-and-Go Installation:
1. Locate your car’s OBDII connector. It’s found in the passenger compartment of all cars sold today, model-year 1996 or later, no more than three feet from the driver’s seat.
2. Plug the data logger in. A gentle push is all it takes.
3. Start driving. That’s all there is to it! The data logger will start collecting data as soon as you start driving.
CarChip installs in seconds and lets you:
Troubleshoot your engine.
Help identify specific problems, trace intermittent ones, and eliminate guesswork in repairs.
Log your car's performance.
View straightforward graphs that show summary and detail reports for each trip.
Monitor driver performance.
Set thresholds for speed, acceleration, and braking, then see when they are exceeded. Great for training new drivers, managing fleets, and reviewing teen drivers' performance.
Save money, time, and worry.
Clear your own check engine light; walk into a repair shop more informed and confident.
CarChip fits all 1996 and later foreign and domestic vehicles to automatically record and store 75 hours of trip details, including:
Time, date and distance for each trip
Speed logged every 5 seconds
Hard acceleration and decelerations
Engine diagnostic trouble codes and status of other engine parameters when the code occurred
Time and date CarChip is connected or disconnected.
In addition to the above features, the advanced model, CarChip E/X stores 300 hours of trip details and measures up to four engine parameters every 5 to 60 seconds (and there are 23 parameters to choose from!).
With the basic CarChip, the data logger will store up to 75 hours of trip details before you'll need to download. If you drive, on average, two hours a day, that's over a month's worth of driving data!
You'll get complete trip details including:
- Time and date for each trip
- Speed (recorded every 5 seconds)
- Hard brakings and quick accelerations
You can view all of this graphically on your computer screen, giving you a moment-by-moment picture of how you—or perhaps your employees or the teenagers in your household—are driving.
If the vehicle's check engine light (also known as a malfunction indicator light or MIL) comes on, you'll be able to:
- Read the dignostic trouble code (or DTC).
- Get the "freeze-frame" sensor readings telling you the status of various engine parameters at the time.
CarChipE/X includes all the features of CarChip, plus four times the data storage—up to 300 hours of driving data. (The actual number of hours will vary, depending on how frequently you log data.)
As with CarChip, you'll get time and date for each trip, distance, speed, hard accelerations and decelerations, and engine diagnostic trouble codes. With CarChipE/X, though, you'll also be able to monitor any four out of 23 user-selectable engine parameters, including:
- Short- and long-term-fuel trim
Plus, if you're unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, CarChipE/X will automatically generate an accident log showing the last critical 20 seconds of speed.
Includes all the features of CarChip E/X, plus additional reporting capabilities specifically designed for fleet managers. Requires Fleet Management Software, you'll also get additional reporting capabilities that let you:
- Sort data and create reports according to selected criteria.
- Track and compare drivers and vehicles by fleet, group, or location.
CarChip Fleet w/ Alarm
- Summarize data by selected date range—day, week, month, or longer.
Includes all the features of CarChip Fleet, plus an audible alarm specifically designed for fleet managers. Requires Fleet Management Software. Audible alarm allows fleet manager to set specific speed, acceleration and deceleration limits to alert driver when they exceed those specified limits. Other features are indentical to that of CarChip Fleet.
Fleet Management Software:
For use with CarChip Fleet or any of our DriveRight 600 models, our Fleet Management Software lets you track and compare drivers and vehicles by fleet, group, or location. Easy-to-use software lets you sort and summarize data and create reports according to selected criteria. Reports include:
- Usage Report showing mileage driven, average monthly mileage, and weekend and nighttime driving by employee.
- Driver Performance Report with summarized data for each driver including individual "safety scores."
- Exception Reporting including reports for excessive speed, hard braking, and quick accelerations.
- Accident Log Report showing the last critical pieces of speed data (20 seconds for CarChip; 40 seconds for DriveRight 600).
This software together with CarChip Fleet will also get you additional reports on engine performance logging and diagnostic trouble codes. The software's OBDC-compliant design means you can use your preferred database platform, whether it be Microsoft Access, MySQL, Oracle 9i, or another. Includes power adapter and cable for use when downloading data from either CarChip Fleet or DriveRight 600. Buy as many data loggers (eg: CarChip, DriveRight 600, etc.) as you like; you'll need just one Fleet Management Software package. Requires Windows 95 or above, at least 5MB free hard disk space, and one free serial port. Available in three versions. Choose US (United States), UK (United Kingdom), or EU (Europe).
CarChip Contents: Includes data logger, software on CD, download cable, and power adapter. Alternatively, you may add our optional USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable to connect to the USB port on your PC.
Exclusions: A few 2003 and 2004 model-year vehicles use the CAN protocol, which will be supported in early 2004. See the list of exclusions on http://www.davisnet.com/product_docu...patibility.pdf
- OBDII Scan Tool $135
- includes all features of CarChip plus more $175
- includes all features of CarChip E/X plus more $195
CarChip Fleet w/ Alarm
- includes all features of CarChip Fleet plus alarm $215
USB-to-Serial (DB9) Cable
- for use w/ CarChip, CarChip E/X or DriveRight 600$25
Fleet Management Software
- for use w/ CarChip Fleet $389
More Info coming soon.