How to remove yellow road paint from car? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Appearance & Sound > Cosmetic & Body

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
StylinLude is an unknown quantity at this point
How to remove yellow road paint from car?

Hey a friend of mine in a black prelude ran over a freshly painted yellow line in the road and got yellow mist on the side of his car. Whats the best thing to use to remove it without harming the factory black paint?

- www.shatter-box.net -
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2003, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 96 Civic EX
Mods:
oomuskablindoo is on a distinguished road
some polishes or waxes should take it right off (i think the zaino and meguairs shuold) ... a clay bar will probably work too. OR you can try buffing it out... a friend of mine had FAG and QUEER spray painted all over his car (silver car, red spray paint) and some extensive buffing not only got the paint off but got it looking brand new
1.74 b16 bottom end, golden eagle sleeves, wiseco 9.5:1's, eagle rods, clutchmasters flywheel and fx400 clutch, i/h/e, jg tb, walbro 255 fuel pump, venom 255's, eibach prokit, jdm itr valve cover, spoon wire cover, jdm itr power fold mirrors and front end (waiting for spring to put on) w/ carbon fiber hood and lip.
13.62 @ 103.2 mph running open midpipe on old setup (stock clutch and flywheel - running 8lbs)
now running 1.5-2 more lbs with fully functioning btm ... race gas = super low 13's or better
almost SC61 time
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd; 95 240sx
Mods: Everything Suspension & Brakes
rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!
some clear coat safe polish should do the trick-personally i like meguiars.

Evolution Performance Driving School

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd : Tein Flex Coilovers : Progress Front & Rear Swaybars : GTSpec Front & Rear Strut Tower bars : 2007 STi Brembo Brake Conversion : Hawk HPS Pads : Stop Tech Lines : DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors : Nismo Extended Wheel Studs : ACT HD clutch : 06 wrx flywheel : 18 x 8.5 Volk ce28n : 245/35/18 Kumho Ecsta XS : AVO LCA Bushings : Corner Balanced : Hella Supertones

1995 Nissan 240sx : In pieces : LS1 : T56 Transmission
Old 03-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 1993 Honda Civic
Mods: PIAA Xtreme White headlights, amber corners, RA54 Razo shift knob, AEM short ram
White93Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by oomuskablindoo
some polishes or waxes should take it right off (i think the zaino and meguairs shuold) ... a clay bar will probably work too. OR you can try buffing it out... a friend of mine had FAG and QUEER spray painted all over his car (silver car, red spray paint) and some extensive buffing not only got the paint off but got it looking brand new
Man, that's pretty beat up of whoever did that! I would be ready to fight someone! Did he find out who did it? :
Old 03-08-2003, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 96 Civic EX
Mods:
oomuskablindoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by White93Civic
Man, that's pretty beat up of whoever did that! I would be ready to fight someone! Did he find out who did it? :
yea you don't even understand how pissed him and basically all his friends were, including myself. He didn't find out who it was but there was talk that it was this one kid who's done some pretty dickish shit to the kid before, so my friend just walked up and hosed the kid hah. He beat the shit out of him - it was pretty funny, too bad itw asn't the kid tho- it would have made it more worth the while.
1.74 b16 bottom end, golden eagle sleeves, wiseco 9.5:1's, eagle rods, clutchmasters flywheel and fx400 clutch, i/h/e, jg tb, walbro 255 fuel pump, venom 255's, eibach prokit, jdm itr valve cover, spoon wire cover, jdm itr power fold mirrors and front end (waiting for spring to put on) w/ carbon fiber hood and lip.
13.62 @ 103.2 mph running open midpipe on old setup (stock clutch and flywheel - running 8lbs)
now running 1.5-2 more lbs with fully functioning btm ... race gas = super low 13's or better
almost SC61 time
Old 03-09-2003, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1996 Honda Integra GSR
Mods: JDM GSR
94MugenIntegra will become famous soon enough
Laquer thinner, with a microfiber rag. make sure, to get it all off and let it dry. Then apply a nice coat of wax.

Car Insurance
Insurance
Old 03-10-2003, 09:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1997 honda civic ex
Mods:
dangerous327 is an unknown quantity at this point
before buying anything most people have a can of WD-40 laying around try that. if that doesn't work well enough for you i used 3M adhesive remover also and that worked better.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1996 Ford Probe
Mods: Custom Turbo System, Haltech E6K, Custom Paint, Built Motor
BryanPendleton is an unknown quantity at this point
DO NOT USE THINNER. . . you wil ruin your paint.

Start with a clay bar. Body shops use this all the time for removal of overspray. And this is safe for your original paint.

If the bar does not work you will need an aggressive compound. 3M offers some rubbing compounds. These contain abrasives which remove layers of clear coat or paint, but will remove the yellow. Some polishes contain alot of abrasiveness to, and might to the trick. Start with the clay bar, as it will not harm your paint
Old 03-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd; 95 240sx
Mods: Everything Suspension & Brakes
rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!
yeah-its a good idea to first try the least abrasive thing-then get a little more aggressive-imo, i would try polish first, then claybar, then maybe an orbital machine w/compound-i dont think that you will have to resort to that though-polish and claybar should do the trick.

Evolution Performance Driving School

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd : Tein Flex Coilovers : Progress Front & Rear Swaybars : GTSpec Front & Rear Strut Tower bars : 2007 STi Brembo Brake Conversion : Hawk HPS Pads : Stop Tech Lines : DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors : Nismo Extended Wheel Studs : ACT HD clutch : 06 wrx flywheel : 18 x 8.5 Volk ce28n : 245/35/18 Kumho Ecsta XS : AVO LCA Bushings : Corner Balanced : Hella Supertones

1995 Nissan 240sx : In pieces : LS1 : T56 Transmission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement