Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

some of the interior pieces going in my 86 accord

3K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  lostforawhile 
#1 ·
I thought I would post a few pictures of some of the interior pieces going in my 86 hatch

See less See more
#2 ·
not all put in yet, but a few pieces.
part of the center console, gauge holder is eventually for a wide band, the support is the first titanium plate they took out of my wifes leg.

overhead console is out of a wind star, heavily modified to remove all the mom stuff.

visors are made from a mutilated speed limit sign, everything is fabricated on them except for the end pieces that attach to the roof.

mirror is a Gentex auto dimming from a Lincoln, 5 bucks at the yard, they are really nice mirrors

I made the E brake handle and replaced the plastic button with a billet one, also made the boot, ignore the green buttons they were for testing, they have been replaced with black ones

pedals which I have yet to put in, made the pedal pads

dash ready to go in, I can control the basic head unit functions from the center console.

it has original JDM folding mirrors for an 86, the fog light switch is made from a modified headlight retractor switch, and I cut down a three switch bezel to make a single bezel to fit in there, I machined the gauge rings from tailwheel hubs.

gauges came from one of my old race cars, they are vintage sun pro and match the factory gauges.

thats a now vintage norskog low pressure fuel pressure gauge, plus the primer switch and choke pull

#3 ·
harness for the voice box and eq is done, takes the audio from all four speakers from the head unit, at speaker level, back to the EQ in the rear quarter panel, also switched ground from the box when it's speaking to the front, and the output of the speedometer head pulser to the voice module, left front door speaker is routed back to the box and through it, and back up to the front, the module interrupts the door speaker when it says anything. Rear speakers are simply wired at the EQ and dont use the factory wiring. I need to lay out the harness for the box that goes to the ebrake switch, the door switches, lighting circuit, and low fuel part of the gas tank sender

I use 3M temflex 2155 to outer wrap all my harnesses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.