1992 Accord EX shifting very hard and vibrates at idle - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Yody is on a distinguished road
1992 Accord EX shifting very hard and vibrates at idle

This is my first post here, hoping you guys can help me out. I've been researching so long my retinas feel like they're on fire! I realize that the symptoms I'm about to explain are pretty common on these generation Accords, but I know somethings not right.

Its a 92 EX Accord, Automatic, and has 205K on the odometer.

It shifts very hard from first to second, so hard you can feel a slight vibration when it shifts, its a very snappy and firm shift. It also shifts firmly but not as hard from 2-3 and 3-4th.

As well it vibrates pretty badly in drive at around 800rpm, just a small increase in rpm up to 850-900 makes the vibrations go away.

I know about the rear motor mounts and I have not yet checked it, but I've brake-torqued the engine and I don't see the motor moving too much. I do need to check to see if the vacuum operated mount is working correctly though.

I'm planning on checking the mount to see if its operating correctly and possibly flushing the tranny with some Honda ATF. Is there anything I'm missing? I've heard the ECU's are notorious for making the tranny act up as well as the solenoids?

Also I got a check engine code #30 for A/T FI Signal, whatever that means. Code hasn't popped up again but it was there at one point.

Thanks for any pointers or help, super appreciate it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Yody is on a distinguished road
Anyone?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 05 rsx type s
Mods: ENGINE: DC SPORTS SRI/OBX RACE HEADER V3/skunk2 Megapower RR catback/F1 Racing Stage II clutch, Innovative MM. EXTERIOR: Seibon cf hood/ P1 front lip. Carbon Creation fenders(still debating on putting them on)
05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere05types In the rep troposphere
i would deffinetly check the trans mount, that could be causing the vibration when at an idle.. the hard shifting im not to sure on.. have u thought of taking it to a transmission shop???
Old 02-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
torque converters can get pretty sloppy as they age and can cause a lot of these problems. we have a forklift at work that sound horrendus under idle but under load its ok.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 02-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 2003 Accord EX V6 6MT
Mods: Borla Cat-Back Exhaust, RV6 V3 J-pipe, HFP Suspension
AccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problemAccordinToHonda has a Rep problem
I think it has something to do with that code you got. I know with automatics the ecu controls the transmission so you might wanna get that code checked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement