Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1993 accord- Brake lights to brighten up!!!

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Lendawg510 
#1 · (Edited)
1993 accord- Brake lights do not engage!!!!

Hello all,

I have looked all through the threads here and none of them relate to the issue i'm having, hence i started a new thread:D So one day i got water in my rear tailight and my lights were still working, but later noticed that when applying the brake the lights do not "brighten up" i have tried swapping out the brake switch, and no difference, i figured if my switch didn't work, car would not shift out of park , and checked fuses are good, horn works, if fuse was blown, all looks well with fuses and wiring. i can't understand what is happening, i'm nervous when driving as i dont wanna get rear ended by some idiot:bash. Please help guys!!:cry

ALso when i crank my radio up it seems like it gets distorted at times, and my deck then restarts, can this be related problem?

Thanks!:number1

#4 ·
No my original switch worked just as good as the new one I bought, it seems I have an electrical issue somewhere, my ground wire that connects from the battery to side of passenger fender (secondary) actually snapped off, idk if that might be related. Might have to try getting my hands on a multimeter.

#5 ·
Hello, I wanted to ask you guys, if my switch was to be the culprit, would my car still shift out of park? only reason i ask is the hear the clicking, and it seems to be working, but just no brake lights lighting up. havn't gotten my hands on a multimeter yet, =( waiting for payday.

my horn also works, is there ANYthing more i can check before investing in a multimter?

THanks guys =):D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.