Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1997 4 BANGER

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  fartbomber 
#1 ·
Im new to imports, but i have a 97 Accord 4 door 4 banger. it is BASE model, no frills. Im looking to make it faster, and to make it look sharp, handle better. Im on a budget, doing all work myself. Any and all advice is welcome, Im used to old camaros and trucks and basically learning all of this as i go. i need some pointers, like what can be done to the engine, or what is a good replacement. who makes affordable body kits, wheels, etc. how can i install power windows. All advice and tips welcome, thanks.

#2 ·
Turbo the stock motor if you want boost and thats if the engine puts out good compression numbers with 22% or less of leakdown; otherwise, you can swap in a JDM H22A if you want to stay All Motor.

Go K24A2/6spd trans if money's not a problem for you. Very few ppl have done it and loves it. But everyone will have different opinions about making things faster with much less of spending money.

#4 ·
Everything you need to know about an H22 swap will be in the Accord's FAQ section called "A Guide on How to do an H22A Swap in an Accord."

The F-Series trans will bolt up to any H-Series engines and vice versa. But the gear ratio will be super long, though, it is good for gas mileage, and the H22 won't be at it's full potential using your stock trans. As for the mounts, all you need is a 93-96 Prelude VTEC model timing belt side mount(I have one for sale) which the through bolt hole will need to be trimmed down a tad bit to make it fit inside the CD chasis or you can buy a Hasport LH mount like me for like $120.00ish.

#5 ·
It is a 5 speed right(manual)? If not, don't bother.

Also why would you want power windows if you want to make the car faster? That's like adding 100 lbs to the car.

Decrease weight anywhere you can without getting stupid. That's a first priority. How many miles are on this engine? Your car has rear drum correct?

#6 ·
It is a 5 speed right(manual)? If not, don't bother.

Also why would you want power windows if you want to make the car faster? That's like adding 100 lbs to the car.

Decrease weight anywhere you can without getting stupid. That's a first priority. How many miles are on this engine? Your car has rear drum correct?
because going on a date where you have to crank a window is gay? it's not a race car lol

#8 ·
I love my accord but it is far from a" date" car. Lol. I do like my power windows and most important to me is my sun/moon roof.

#11 ·
Hmm, that's an Accord DX.

Handling-wise, I would suggest Suspension Techniques anti-sway bars and Energey Suspension bushings.
Since it has rear drum brakes, you could get the rear trailing arms and master brake cylinder from an Accord EX and get Goodrich stainless steel brake lines.
For more power, I would suggest a turbo install.
Skip the power window upgrade and body kits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.