2005 honda will not crank - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Accord White is on a distinguished road
2005 honda will not crank

I own a 2005 Honda Accord and it has really been a really great car. i.ve never had any issues with it. It currently has 138k miles, however, lately I have been having trouble starting it.
I turn the key in the ignition and soetimes it starts immediately, other times, however, it doesn't even turn it only makes a single click when i turn the key.
Any ideas or suggestions as to what might bee causing this headache will be appreciated.
Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
The problem is the starter not turning the engine over.

The things that can cause this are:

the starter has gone bad and won't reliably function

the battery in your car has weakened over the years and will not put out enough electricity to make the starter turn over

more than likely you need a new battery. Auto stores
will charge you more for batterys than you should pay. If there is a
"SAMs" club nearby and you know someone with a membership get a battery from there it's at least 30 dollars less when you compare what your getting for your money. A 800 cold cranking amp batt from autozone is like 95-110 for my car and from SAMs it's about 70-78 dollars.

Looked your car up at autozone.com and it's 100 bucks plus 12 dollar core. At SAMs it's flat price and with a old battery they give you a free warantee.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Accord White is on a distinguished road
Yes, Thanks for your feed back.
I determined that the battery was not the cause. I kind of sensed that the starter might be what was giving me this problem, however, not entirely. I was not sure if a sensor or a relay was causing some interference on the system. I removed the starter and took it to local Auto Zone to have it checked out and, according to the individual performing the test, he said the it was good. Brought it back home, installed and tried once again starting the car only to have the same results.....no start. Removed again and performed a bench test myself. Test proved (to me) that I was dealing with a bad starter.

Finally, replaced the starter. Great start up!

Once again, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement