Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

2011 Honda Accord Turbo info

12K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  MortsAccord 
#1 ·
My wife called me up one day and said "Baby I know I bitch at you for all your car stuff and not really into it but is there anything you can do to make my car faster" :D. "We can turbo it" I said. So we have a 2011 honda accord with the 2.4L (K24) in it. I just picked up a TDO4 turbo out of a volvo complete for $50 in perfect shape. The big question is what would i need to tune it and what problems am I going to have with the MAF in this setup?
Only going to try and run between 4-8psi just enough for it to move out of it's own way. Picking up all the necessary parts off ebay since this is not a "real" performance upgrade so mediocre stuff will be fine on this setup.
Any suggestions or pointers to help this go smoother would be appreciated.
Not going to lie my car is on the opposite side of honda since I own a SRT4. So turbocharging and being highly mechanically inclined are traits I posses. I also used to own an 89DX hatch. <<(background info)

#4 ·
Well after further inspection. Will need to pull the front valence off, but I don't think i can turbo her car. Due to the fact i can not find any openings to get to the front of the car with tubing for the intercooler. Also there is some solenoid mounted on the exhaust mani that may control back pressure or some other stupid crap. So now, i guess would like to know of any tuner/programmer that might help. Just going to do a K&N drop in filter and maybe do something not too annoying with the exhaust.

#11 ·
You don't have to worry about sensors and other factory related nonsense.

What you need is a aftermarket ecu. An aftermarket ecu gives 2shits what sensors are on the car.

Sdsefi, aem, megasquirt, and there are many more. Your just going to have to do a lot of research to know what sensors you can use off the car, and the pinouts of those sensors on the wiring harness.

For the intercooler piping you'll have to remove the bumper shroud, and other things that are in the way of progress. For customized cars many serious enthusiasts will remove body panels from most of the car and get down to the frame so nothing is in the way and the body panels can be modified to fit what the car truly is under its skin.

#5 ·
You could always install a plug-and-play NOS system. Have the NOS switch activate at WOT so your wife doesn't have to look for the NOS switch. You'll probably want a switch to open and close the bottle and an automatic purge kit too. Install with the smallest nozzle for 35-ish HP gain.

#8 ·
NOS would be great if she wants to race it but she needs it through out the powerband all the time. Maybe a centrifical supercharger would be easier to do. A self contained procharger. Will look into that setup with a water to air intercooler. Will get back on what I find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.