6th gen f23a1 to f20b swap thread - Page 2 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
triggerman77 is on a distinguished road
when i bought the engine the guy said it came out of a 99 Accord SIR-T. It has the T2T4 LSD tranny complete with what was an uncut wiring harness and PCB ECU. If anyone knows where to find the PCB ECU pinouts PLEASE share the info
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Good news i hope. jspecauto.com is sending me a new ECU but it for a automatic tiptronic. he said it would throw CEL because it would be looking for the auto tranny.

Will this possibly cause a rev limiter? Any thoughts on this?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
I know of someone that may want that ECU man, and for the price maybe you can save just a litttle and look into my nect paragraph. I don't know if hes on here much anymore though.

If I were you Id see if theres a person around there that tunes with neptune or EcTune and see about getting a p28/p72 ecu(theres more ecus than that though) and getting it setup nice.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
When the car run right. I will part with ecu also i have a f23a1 F/S now and 5sp transmission.

If any one has a p28 or a p72 FOR SALE LMK THANKS
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortsAccord View Post
I'm wondering how much your f20b cost you.
not much.....

Special: $590 USD
F20B DOHC VTEC Engine only Honda Accord 97-01

SKU: 51F20B
Make: Honda
Model: Accord
Year: 97-01
Displacement: 1998cc
Horse Power: 200 @ 6800rpm
Torque: 147 lb-ft @ 5600rpm
Valve Train: DOHC VTEC 16 Valves
Mileage: Approx 25-35 Thousand
Condition: Best
Availability: In Stock

Tiger Japanese - Home
Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
I just need an H withsome problems so I can tear it down and fix it. H series block and crank is what I need.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
OK someone from a different forum told me (or got mr close enough to get it) the pinout for the fuel pump on the PCB ECU so here goes

DAMN CRX91SI I O U BIG!!!!!

Ok it was A15 but the wire was green/yellow. I tried it in A14 and it did nt work so i tried it in A16 and the fuel pump came on. So i drove around a few minutes to warm up and when i stoped and got down on her i could tell something was better and then when it hit 5500 RPM VTEC kicked in and i was through the gears and running 120 mph in no time. Damn i love it !

So the conclusion is i now have one bad ass 6th gen accord. This SIR-T F20B is way more than i was expecting!!
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HELPED ME THROUGH THE SWAP!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Oh and theres no big secret to the pin out for PCB ECU its the same as a 99 accord minus one wire. IAB's pin B16 and you have to switch one other wire which is listed above
Old 02-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
OK guys go to the link above (tiger japanese blah blah) and look at that f20b and all the broken sensors TPS, IAB BOX A/C missing, bent dipstick and all. This is an auto version (flexplate) does not have the same cams or throttle body its only 180hp . any way you better check out jspecauto.com if you want a engine with all the sensors intact. because if i paid that kind of money and still had to spend that much more to fix all their fuc_ ups thats not a great deal. and i would be pissed. I paid $1700 for mine but it was complete with LSD T2T4 and PCB ECU and uncut harness. You know what they the say u get what u pay for so buy that one if u think it's a great deal and let me know how it works out for ya. lol

WVU97GS-R you need to do a little homework on that 200hp automatic version THAT IS NOT TRUE THEY'ER JUST TRYIN TO SELL IT CHECK INTO THE SPECS ITS ONLY 180HP
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerman77 View Post
OK guys go to the link above (tiger japanese blah blah) and look at that f20b and all the broken sensors TPS, IAB BOX A/C missing, bent dipstick and all. This is an auto version (flexplate) does not have the same cams or throttle body its only 180hp . any way you better check out jspecauto.com if you want a engine with all the sensors intact. because if i paid that kind of money and still had to spend that much more to fix all their fuc_ ups thats not a great deal. and i would be pissed. I paid $1700 for mine but it was complete with LSD T2T4 and PCB ECU and uncut harness. You know what they the say u get what u pay for so buy that one if u think it's a great deal and let me know how it works out for ya. lol

WVU97GS-R you need to do a little homework on that 200hp automatic version THAT IS NOT TRUE THEY'ER JUST TRYIN TO SELL IT CHECK INTO THE SPECS ITS ONLY 180HP
1. what link are you talking about with broken shit in it?
2. the motor itself isn't that expensive is my point....most of your price is the hydraulic tranny, clutch and ecu etc....which even the b-series lsd trannies go for over a grand easy.. your motor isn't that expensive, which is what mort was asking.....i would do an f2b conversion anyway hence why i would only care about the motor....who cares if it's only an auto.....
a. that would false advertising
b. who cares you just spend under grand for a motor that will make 200 hp with a stock cam upgrade.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD - F20B DOHC VTEC Engine only Honda Accord 97-01

catalog_product
Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Just pointing some things. I would not buy the auto version unless you are prepared to spend the extra dough to buy cams and a throttle body. And that $590 is not a good deal if you have to buy half of the sensors thats an extra $300+ . Thats my opinion
Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Just pointing some things. I would not buy the auto version unless you are prepared to spend the extra dough to buy cams and a throttle body. And that $590 is not a good deal if you have to buy half of the sensors thats an extra $300+ . Thats my opinion
i'm still failing to see where it says they are sellling it to you with broken sensors.

if you paid 590 and the 300 bucks for additional stuff....it would add up to the same if not a little less than what you would've paid for your motor alone......and keep in mind if i'm swapping in a used unknown motor from any of these 3rd party companies....i'm not just dropping it in....i'd be upgrading gaskets, cams, etc anyways so i'm not really worse off.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Go for it dude. Only way to do it is stop talking about it and do it!!

Oh and if you cant see those pics from the link you posted go look at the pics of the f20b that shit is broke all up click on the small pics below the big pic.
http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/details.php?id=1585
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car:
Mods:
ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?ihatericers you're still here?
Quote:
Go for it dude. Only way to do it is stop talking about it and do it!!

Oh and if you cant see those pics from the link you posted go look at the pics of the f20b that shit is broke all up click on the small pics below the big pic.
Tiger Japanese - Home
they're called stock photo's dumbass, just an example of what an f20b looks like, not the f20b you'd be getting
"There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die."

—Gonzo Papers, Vol. 2: Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80s, 1988

Member #1 of the Dave's mah hero fan club

Sponsored Links
Advertisement