90 accord build??? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2003 honda civic ex d17
Mods: Cai, go fast stickers... 50 visiual hp!!!!!
fryboyswagg is on a distinguished road
90 accord build???

Hey yall I found a decent looking 90 accord 2 Dr 5 spd for 300 bucks with a little cancer on the quarters and a blown motor with 400000 miles or so. I had a buddy who had one and turboed the stock f22 and made pretty decent power but since the car needs a new motor it would be a good swap project right? Now I've heard the pros and consof about every swap pretty much but by no one who has actually done it first hand so my question is what is the best bang for my buck on a stoplight to stoplight car on 3000 dollar budget and the perfect swap with little to no complications pretty much what is the easiest swap and is the heavy accord even worth building everything about everything is what I need to know!!!! So any and all help is appreciated. I'm pretty mechanicly incline but would not call myself a Honda tech if you know what I mean so just bare with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
buy an f20b.... they're cheap 200hp and have iron sleeves. also they're 2.0 and dohc and can use 90% of the h-series parts. if you want to boost it don't worry it's not using that frm crap sleeve material other hondas are using...

Quote:
JDM Engine Depot

Code: F20B Accord SiR-T OBD2 Engine, Manual Transmission, & ECU
Year: 97-01
Valve Train: 4-Cylinder, DOHC VTEC, 16-VALV
Displacement: 1997 cc
Horse Power: 197 HP @ 7000 RPM
Torque: 145 LBS-FT @ 5500 RPM
Compression: 11.0:1
Red Line: 7600
Transmission: Manual LSD 5-Speed
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2003 honda civic ex d17
Mods: Cai, go fast stickers... 50 visiual hp!!!!!
fryboyswagg is on a distinguished road
I have a turbo set up from my old gsx would a dsm setup work with honda or is that completely out of the question??? i mean I know i would need a new exaust mani but would the turbo,waistgate etc bolt up and work??? sad part is i just had it rebuilt about 6 weeks before I totalled the car so its brand spankin used!!!!!! would be sweet if it would work.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!
the t25 turbo is too small i would think... use a t3/t4. Also you wont want to boost the F20b too much.. 11:1 compression isn't that boost friendly.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosracer View Post
the t25 turbo is too small i would think... use a t3/t4. Also you wont want to boost the F20b too much.. 11:1 compression isn't that boost friendly.
the dsm t25 is way too small for the amount of air that engine/head can flow. turbo are not model/car specific either. that t25 would be better suited for your d17

also t3/t4 does not indicate turbo size..... so it's not really an indication of anything other than the housing/flange. You can also boost an f20b just fine... 11:1 Cr is perfectly safe for a street car on pump gas. The f20b has iron sleeves and not FRM like most other hondas... so he won't have to worry about cracking them with a proper tune.

Last edited by Darkness; 01-02-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Accord1320 is on a distinguished road
Look below this line...

There are ONLY two types of people in this world: Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines watch the winners pass them by!

Check out my YouTube channel here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement