Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

91 accord 4 door project

8K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  Accord1320 
#1 ·
thank you darkness for the help decideing what power plant to use i have decided to go f20b for my build no mods other than intake ignition upgrade and miner other mods exhaust suspencion exc the car will be built more as show and audio with no body mods other than lights front and rear and carbon hood and trunk maybe mirrors what i am wanting opinions on is suspencion exhaust paint i was thinking it would beuneake using cenergy green as seen on 2012 camaro with powder coated white rims it has 16" know waiting on 205/45r16 bfgoodrich g force ta's from direct sugjestions help and all opinions and ideas welcome thanks :number1

#2 ·
you would like my tires even more lol. and no problem man. a nice unique budget build. i kind of want to do an f20b into my car as something different too. just not worth ripping out my already modified engine. please keep us updated with pics

#7 ·
upload photos onto something like facebook or something and then right click the image after it's been uploaded and copy the "image URL" or "image location" then in message box to respond to a post on here. click the yellow square icon and paste that entire link over everything in the box. then click ok.

#8 · (Edited)
you want a good exhaust just make sure you throw a nice resonator on there. even ebay will sound nice if you put a nice resonator on their. i personally think the yonaka knockoff of the apexi ws2 is nice. they're cheapt like $230-250 shipped and full stainless steel.

http://www.clubintegra.com/store/yonaka-catback-exhaust_mp499.html
The Yonaka Catback Exhaust is made with fully polished 304 stainless steel mandrel bended piping and a features a 4.25" tip. You can expect a quiet, clean, deep hum, without any irritating mid range raspy sound some other catback exhausts produce.

The Yonaka Catback Exhaust is a direct bolt-on and includes all installation hardware.

#14 ·
i have heard alot of positive stuff about dyno mat and also hush mat but also was told peel n seal was cheaper alternative for them i researched it on youtube.com under peel n seal and if pre cleaned right is great i am really considering that route i will try and up load a few pics tonight of what my build is starting as its not much i have changed the rims w/tires and jvc cd player its old tho o and who i bought the car from worked in the oil field and poor lil blue was his work car after a week of cleaning extensively like 75%of oil is gone but still masive dirt problem

#16 ·
okay talked to my uncle today and my selections for carpet and headliner is buckskin ,doeskin ,maple ,desert tan ,briar brown ,bronz ,oxford what ever that is ,dark grey and sandalwood i like the factory sceam but would like to go darker so diert dose not show as easy or use dark grey since it is very likely to blend good with the black dashboard and also with black seats and just go grey headliner carpet door inserts and rear deck panle and the rest black w blue stitching and blue accents so tell me your ideas :cool

#18 ·
okay well i found a magnaflow muffler in great shape it is the single in dual out model the but should sound fagly like this since i also will be using same cat and custom piping well let me know what you think and if you think the dual out rather than this single out will make it louder or quieter or what

#24 ·
new pictures are uploaded finally got a diggital camra rather than that pic phone. so go check them out and sorry still have not got all the entirior cleaned up but as you can tell i am working hard on it found out the whole history of the car its a 91 accord lx sedan it was drove sparingly up until 2000 when it was locked up and sat in a field until 2008 when the mans son started using it for a work car running up and down dirt roads every day driving threw fields and etc he worked on the oil field so you can just emagine what he put it threw from 2008 up till i boght it in the begining of 2012 but y would someone use one of these cars for that work rather then the truck he had i just dont git it its a darn shame that a honda compact car would be put threw that but funny enuff it survived what he probably thought his truck wouldent

#25 ·
okay you guys a new update i start my new job at vance myers monday so my budget for the build i would say just doubled for the time being know here is the delima.i am going stock for stock on the engine still using same idea of only after market intake throtle body intake manifold and exhaust manifold along with full custom 2.5 exhaust pipe stock cat magnaflow resonater and also magnaflow single in dual out muffler but.delima #1 cant decide between k24 from the 05 accord bolted up to a acura tsx 6 speed tranny on hondata kpro chiped ecu or h22 from the prelude on hondata chiped ecu either way using same mods.delima #2cant decide on skunk 2 pro s coilovers or function form type 1 coilovers i am also going to use energysuspencion bushing threw out the whole car and upgrade the swaybars i will be using new wheelbarings and sandblasting and powder coating any reused parts cross member lower a arms spendles etc. delima #3what is the best calipers to use cross drilled or sloted or crossdrilled and sloted i also seen these j hook ones i will be using stock front calipers with ebc pads and 99-00 accord rear calipers so yes converting to all wheel disk brakes.delima #4 i desided to save on the paint and go with repainting it the stock cobalt blue with pearl clear and still doing the wheels powder coated white i already have 2 done so far git dirty easy but look nice it will also have carbon fiber hood jdm black headlight and corner lights and jdm red and clear taillightsbut need help pin striping white to match rims or silver to stand out

#27 ·
k well since my last update i have built a custom box built to specs for dual 12" sun down sa series subs to face forward behind the rear seat looks ok but still needs touch ups only have kicker cvrs in it know tho and i tore all the seats and carpet out for good cleaning took lots of pictures up load asap i boght a toyo 205/40R16 and took off my messed up fender to replace wiper hoses also replaced the 6 1/2s in the door were pioneer so stuck with same brand um started on custom enterior working on trunk floor and sub box trimmings i also ran into locked up power stearing pump and lost power window motor and found out my ac has a leak while looking for a h22 block to start building i am looking into paint shops to paint my engine bay sticking with white i gause also any sites and brands of front end bushings will help if anyone feals up to helping out i work averige 80 to 90 hours a week so dont realy have time to search

#28 ·
Okay well I hade someone explain to me that even tho I want more power and some better economy out of my car the engine has 319,948.3 miles on it it eats very little oil as is so the block and head obviously has minimal wear and tear on it as some of the engines you would buy to swap it was maintained very well so just rebuild it and add a few mods to the existing engine not a bad idea as I think about it but question is where can I find aftermarket parts to work on my f22a1 I have searched every where can't find cams pistons none of that I can find parts for a turbo build yeah but none as fare as naturally espired like I would like to do ehh 200hp or so is fine with me since I will be swapping it to a 5 speed any one point me in the direction for some high compression pistons and a cam with descent profile nothing extreme tho mi would like to keep no less than 25-28 mpg out of it with chipped ecu cold air intake yotta yotta but seriously any help is very helpfule

#29 ·
Look into some K20 pistons as they're the same diameter as the F22s. That'll give you some good bump in compression. As for camshaft, look into Bisimoto. I had a F22B1 Level 2 VTEC cam from Bisi and it was a night and day difference compared to stock. Noticeable in power increase. Do a H23A1 upper plenum intake mani swap while keeping your stock bottom. This pick up couple of whp as well over the stock setup.

Save some money and get that almighty Bisi NA header he's got. Claims to pick up to 30whp depending on the engine's setup. Thats like $800.00+.

#31 ·
OKAY WELL I ASKED AROUND AT MY LOCAL MACHINE SHOPS AND IT WILL COST ME $50 A CELENDER TO FIT K20 PISTONS INTO MY F22A1 AND I FIGGURED SINCE THE H23 INTAKE MANIFOLD CAN BE USED ON MY HEAD THEN CAN'T THE H23 ITB'S BE USED TOO AND IF RUNNING HIGH COMPRESSION AND ITB'S CAN I STILL RUN A SHOT OF NOS FOR TRACK USE ONLY as I am against street racing any help on these ?'s is very helpful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.