Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

91 Accord Engine Revving

8K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JxATI 
#1 ·
I am having an issue with my '91 Accord 4 cylinder with automatic transmission. I started it up this morning to let it warm up and when I went out to get in the car the engine was revving up and down. I looked at the tachometer and it was starting at where it should be at idle then up to about 2 grand and then back down again.It kept doing this. Once I put it in drive it seemed to level out.

Once I started driving the car it seemed to lurch into first gear and then it would take a while for it to shift gears. I tested shifting the gears manually and it acted like it didn't want to shift into second and third. The automatic transmission has the sport mode button and when I turned that on the transmission seemed to shift a bit easier.

I am stumped as to what is going on here. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

#4 ·
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuppp mine did that and then the tps sensor went out. Get that fixed lol in the meantime if you turn it off and then turn it back on it will most likely go away and should idle like normal. also try not to tap on the gas at all until youre in drive as that will make the revving start(well at least it did that to me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.