Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

91 accord help

4K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  turner91cb7 
#1 ·
okay so i am needing help i have a 91 accord sedan i am wanting to swap from auto to 5 speed and also do a engine swap to H series while doing that my car has 400k miles on the original engine and tranny i am needing help finding what parts are needed and posibaly where i can find them i am thinking mainly salvage yard for every thing but the engine and tranny :confused

#3 ·
okay thank you but another question i was told that since i am not looking for pure power i can swap to the factory 5 speed for 1990 to 1993 accord and then to save money rebuild the bottom end of my f22a1 and then transplant any h22 or h23 head onto that block dose anyone know if that is really an option to save money or will it take alot of machining and modding

#4 · (Edited)
That is a stupid idea and will end up costing more than an h-swap to make less power. Its called a g23. It gives you stupid low.compression with long gears and you have to get a dyno tune to even make it run properly. The tuning hardware/software coupled with dunk time is $600-$700 by itself. H22a swaps are less than b16 swaps. They can be found for $1000-$1500 no tuning required with factory reliability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
okay but how can it make less comp when from my research the 91 f22a1 already makes a low 8.8:1 ratio not trying to be rude just eager to learn these things i was also told by import world that is our local shop do 5 speed swap then buy another very cheap f22a1 tear it down and rebuild wit oem rings and pistons upgrade rods and all bearings and re assimbal with arp hard ware then turbo to 12psi it would be a budget build but reliable as long as my remanufactured parts are good

#6 ·
okay but how can it make less comp when from my research the 91 f22a1 already makes a low 8.8:1 ratio
Thats what he is saying.

8.8:1 is very low compared to a JDM H22A setup that has 10.6:1; high comp. The G22 you're talking about uses 8.8:1 pistons, and even if you throw on an H22 head, the compression still wouldn't be high at all; therefore, it's alot slower than a regular H22 IMO. I heard these G-Series frankenstein don't ever last. Search it up on CB7tuner, they'll probably tell you the same thing about it's reliability. The only upside to this frankenstein I see would be the Iron Sleeve of the F22Ax which can handle boost well, but hearing how the G don't ever last makes me have second thought about going boost.

#10 ·
f20 refuring to i think its 94 to 96 accord sohc v- tec sorry if iam wrong on that tho yeah i can see yolls point on all of that the deal is i love the dohc looks and aint really looking at power side tho since i no longer hot rod my car im not much into putting others lives at risk if that makes since i am just looking for that clean look that i can build on to to make a sleek jdm car i live at the home town of kicker and want to build a car to proud of and have in there shows since the only other import there in last 4yrs has been a skyline i want to show off the accord if that makes any since

#12 ·
f20 refuring to i think its 94 to 96 accord sohc v- tec sorry if iam wrong on that tho yeah i can see yolls point on all of that the deal is i love the dohc looks and aint really looking at power side tho since i no longer hot rod my car im not much into putting others lives at risk if that makes since i am just looking for that clean look that i can build on to to make a sleek jdm car i live at the home town of kicker and want to build a car to proud of and have in there shows since the only other import there in last 4yrs has been a skyline i want to show off the accord if that makes any since
No...DOHC

F20B OBD2 DOHC VTEC Engine & Manual 5 Speed LSD Transmission 97+ - Honda & Acura

Year 97+
Displacement 1998cc
Horse Power 200 @ 6800rpm
Torque 147 lb-ft @ 5600rpm

Valve Train DOHC VTEC 16 Valves
Red Line No
Mileage Approximately 35-45 Thousand Miles
Transmission Type Manual 5 Speed LSD

#11 ·
okay well how would i go about the h22 swap like other words whats a good tranny ecu and were would i find cv shafts and hasport for mounts right i would be using the 94 obd1 h22a not sure that effects tranny or not o on 5 speed swap i found pedal assembly shifter trany modual the 5 speed harness cluch cable shift linkage all for $200

#18 ·
hondas are hondas with everybody putting every type of swap into any kind of honda. it would be expected that somebody that built a motor that makes less than 140whp to 200+whp in the same family of cars would at least know some of this. not trying to come at you but it's kind of making people question you. and yes i'm an ex 240 guy as well. as a 240 guy i'm sure you know about sr20det, sr20de, sr20ve, sr20vet, sr16ve, rb20det, rb25det, rb26dett, vg30dett and anything else they swap in the nissan world. so as a honda tuner some of your questions are a little well....idk but you get the point

#19 ·
ok yeah i see your point but what i ment was okay yes the accord can adapt the k24a4 from the 2005 accord with many k series 5 speeds or the tsx 6 speed but any way i was a ef civic guy i was into the b series and k series swaps never got into the accord common swaps h series or f seriesswaps and the weight of the car of course will effect the accelerate i and so forth also wale some trannys may swap in wit miner work while others involving relokating mounting points for the swap i my self can build engand do swaps and so forth i just dont know what swaps are more straight forward with this chassy and what h series trannys would be better like gearing wise for this heavy 4 door with out sacraficiing top end on highways or freeways as of know my 4 speed auto sits at about 3k rpm at 65 y idk is that normal for this tranny idk know i kinda hope that sums it up a lil better

#23 ·
okay thanks and good info to add to my memory bank lol so i looked into the whole h22 swap is it true that when swaping the 90-93 accord to the h22 in order to git proper engine pitch and angle you must re pasition the rear mount 1/8 of an inch higher than stock location or is that incorect info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.