Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

94 accord lowering.

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  apor1a 
#1 ·
So I plan to lower my accord soon and I want to make sire I have the right understanding on what exactly has to be done fr a safe and good quality drop for the lowest price. I've done some research and to my understanding you need new lowering springs,shock, and struts . Is there anything else?

And also another question. I have a non vtec f22 and I was wondering if it really is worth putting parts into. If not I would just wait till I got an engine with vtec :D

#2 ·
Struts are shocks, for the sake of your question. pre-88 Honda's had independent struts up from (no springs, like my old CRX)
You can lower with just springs, as long as you aren't trying to lay it on the ground, and stock shocks will hold, but anytime you lower a cart with stock shocks or struts, you're putting more stress on them and they will wear out faster, and next thing you know it rides like poop. Personally, I'd suggest something like Tein Basic Damper coil overs, about $700, coil overs are springs and shocks in one piece and allow for adjustment to the dampening force, as well as ride height adjust. Good shocks and springs will cost about the same. Hope this helps!

#4 ·
I was planning on getting a set of four neuspeed race springs with tokico blue shocks and tokico struts. I can link you to the bundle. Costs only 510$ or so
Let me guess, inlinefour.com? :)
That's a good setup for a static drop, Nuespeed race springs are a pretty extreme drop (on Civic's, anyway, it's like 2.2")
You might could get some adjustable coilovers off amazon or something for about the same as that, but then again, depends on your needs. springs/shocks for that price is the simplest way to go.

#6 ·
Make sure to get polyurethane spring isolators/dampers, stabilizer bar frame bushings+links. If you get a spring with a drop more then 1.75" you will need a stronger shock to support it then tokico blues. I see Tokicos customer service is a crap too. A company like Koni will give you a lifetime warranty and offer much better service. Don't forget to factor in the cost of having it installed and don't take it to a tire shop with inept mechanics, take it to a trusted mechanic who has actually put in aftermarket parts before!

#9 ·
Koni yellows or Bilstien HD's.

KYB AGX's are "ok" as some people say. but I haven't seen much shit talking about koni yellow or blistien HD's

Id replace all of your bushings while your at it, Might as well buy an energysuspension master bushing kit.

#10 ·
OK being the way I am I am now thinking about another shock lol. What's up with the koni str t? I know its non adjustable but I read somewhere that the koni str t shocks would essentially be llike the yellows on their lowest setting. Is this true? Or should I just stick to my illuminas that I thought would do. And what's the deal with the bilstein hd those are also non adjustable so how well would these work?

#11 ·
If you're torn between what time of shock, adjustable vs not adjustable, and you're spending $600 anyway, just get some Tein Basic dampers or BlackWorks, just an entry-level full coilover, bro. Honestly, you're probably not going to be tracking your car much, right? Just keep it simple :) That's my vote, plus you'll be able to adjust ride height as well.
Go coilovers.
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9037&idcategory=646

#12 ·
I'm rocking Koni str.t's, I don't know if they are like yellows on soft since I've never had those. They are advertised as an oem replacement that can handle an aftermarket spring up to 1.5" (I asked Koni how much it can handle fyi) paired with the Eibach pro kit it's great for a daily driver. If you're on a budget this is a good setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.