Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

95 Accord overheating solved

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  nusdogg 
#1 ·
Since last fall my rad temp was a bit on the high side. Over the winter this was not a problem delay fan usually came on after shut down. Last month temp needle hoovered around red line due to condenser fan failure. Replaced fan and topped off rad which was low. Car still ran hot fans and delay fans did not come on. I checked and probed every sensor, wire,fuse and switch in coolant system at least three times for a week. Searched the forum and other forums several threads mentioned bleeding coolant system. In all my years i had never performed such. After bleeding the system all is fine. Overlooking a simple process can cause much grief.

#4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I still need to look into my '94 Accord DD as well since the temp needle likes to climb past the middle mark a bit if I'm at a stand still. That tells me that it seems to be a fan issue. I even disconnected the Cooling Fan switch connector on top of the Thermostat housing, jumped the two pin connectors, and that tells me the whole circuit is in working order. The only I didn't test is the switch itself.

But I still need to observe when the fans comes on and what not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.