Accord 97 LX Main Relay Location? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2005, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
rahul1023 can only hope to improve
Cool Accord 97 LX Main Relay Help

Anyone have a picture of where the main relay on a 1997 Honda Accord LX 4 Cyl is located. When I say main relay, i mean PGM-FI Main Relay under the dash. I've been looking for that sucker, and I can't seem to find it, if someone can take a picture or something, that would be great, also tell me if I have to take anything out to get to it. Thx!

All I know is that it has 7 wires going to it and looks brown? Am I right or wrong about that?

I checked a few manuals, but it's not on the location they specify.

Last edited by rahul1023; 07-06-2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: found a problem now!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 97 Accord
Mods:
cryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHO
search: main relay
results:
Main Relay??? Where is it???
car trouble
car wont start.
http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelaydefine.htm

go: h22a, MT, i/h/e
turn: Apexi WS dampers, ST sways, CF strut tie bar, falken azenis st-115 225/40/18
ice: WinXP, 7" molded touch screen, gps, wifi
style: CF/stealth
Moderator: Accord forum | My Photopost
www.Cryogen97.net for your DIY needs (hopelessly neglected)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
dzhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
I just pulled mine out last weekend. I have a 94 Accord EX so yours should be close to where mine was. If you open the driver's door and slide onto the floor on the driver's side; while laying on your back and slide far enough up so that you can look under the dash look above the steering column, the relay should be positioned beside a silver box. You should see another box with a redish brown bottom and grey sides. That's the Main Relay. Mine was just sitting on a rail, there was nothing else holding it in place. I just pushed up on the relay and it slid off. Mine will be getting replaced since there are burn marks on the circuitry.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
thanks for the search cryogen, but ive already done that, I don't need to read about other people having the same problem as me. What I asked specifically was for the location of the relay, not any problems other people are having, btw the 90-93 accords don't have it in the same place as a 1997 Accord. Thanks to the other person who actually took the effort to give me a general location. I will look again and see if I can find it. :bh :bh :bh
Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Ok, found the main relay, it was the biggest pain in the A$$ to get out! God whoever put it there was not thinking "ease of maintenance" but after using a flathead screwdriver to pry against the metal and wiggle it off the clips, it finally got out, I took it apart in the car, and I didn't see any cracked solder at all, however it smelled burned. Fairly strong too. Now the problem with my car isn't that it won't start or it stalls. The problem is, After extended periods of times. Such at 2-3 hours, or overnight, Just long enough to cool the car off, it takes 3-10 cranks of the ignition before it turns on. Basically it cranks rapidly for 3-10 depending on the period of time the car is shut off before it actually turns on. This problem is very weird. My new questions are. 1. How much does a new main relay cost. 2. Is it actually damaged? 3. What else could be the problem because I have a brand new Cap/rotor/plugs, Fuel Filter, Sparkplug wires, as well as the fuel injectors being serviced by honda. And also a Valve adjustment a week ago. Still can't figure out what's causing this issue.

Thanks for the help guys. :bh :bh :bh :bh
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
*bump*
Old 07-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
*bump* no one knows the answer to any of my questions?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
aleshik is an unknown quantity at this point
sup :)

sup

remember me rahul

o cmon unblock me on aim or somin...
:byye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread