Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Advice/Tips for selling 98 accord 5spd?

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SuzanOrtega 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to thin the herd here and wondered if you guys had any advice/tips on selling. I've got a white 98 LX with a stick shift, got about 180K, everything is in good shape, had timing/h2o pump done recently and has EX alloys with 70K mi tires on, bluetooth stero, etc. My problem is that I figured these are listed for anywhere from 2500-$4K in my area so I put an ad up (CL and cars.com) in that range (upper end) just to see if I could get some responses, but I honestly have gotten nothin over the past several days. I think that it may just be too plain vanilla of a car to really have a lot of buyers lined up unless its at firesale prices (at which time I'll just keep it because its worth at least 2K to me as a backup/gas saver).

Only idea I might have would be to maybe spend a few hundred and trick it out a little? I could tint it and get an exhause/intake for 3-500, but would that really help me any? Only reason I'm thinking this route is because when I've sold past cars, which have pretty much all been sports/sporty cars I always would get tons of responses.

Thanks for the help!!:D

J

#2 ·
Many people don’t have a liking for the stick shift, maybe the trouble area could be that. However, some people swear by the good old manual shift, it’s just that you’d have to look in the right places. Try posting ads in different free websites/classifieds and even reach out through social media (Facebook etc.) Hopefully you should find good takers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.