Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Am I missing anything in regards to performance bolt-ons????

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  nusdogg 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just looking for some advice. Let me preface that I have spent hours searching this site as well as other online sites/forums so please don't tell me just do do a search for my answers :). I'm just looking for some advice as previously stated. I'm currently pushing what I call my rocketsled otherwise known as a 2004 Honda Accord 2.4L ivtec sedan. I'm not looking to create a mega drag car, but I enjoy moding the car and here is what I have done thus far:

K&N Typhoon CAI
Taylor Helix TB spacer (I've read mixed reviews on performance??)
TSX IM swap
Ralco RZ underdrive pulleys
MagnaFlow Cat
Flowmaster Muffler

So my question is, have I missed any basic bolt on performance parts or is this basically it? I know there's plenty of higher cost options (turbo,s/c, the nos, head swap, stroker kit), but I'm looking to keep costs down for now? Some suggestions you might have are (my responses in "parentheses") :

-Larger throttle body (limited for this model and prob will need to get the IM plenum bored to match if I want to see any gains. That's time and money I don't want to waste right now)
-Chips (not looking to chip this ride as options are limited and a little skeptical)
-Cat back exhaust system (can you believe there is none for this model. Trust me, I've looked everywhere, but please let me know if I'm wrong)
-MAF (none for this. Jet has one, but read it doesn't won't work for this model even though it says on their site. Not going to spend $200 to find out)

If you have the same model and want to pick each other's brains hit me back. Or if you have any other suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks everyone for the help

-SpartaNick

See less See more
#3 ·
Funny

Thanks for the suggestion. Funny you should mention that. I just started to look at upgrading the suspension performance including wheels/tires. Thinking about 15 or 16 inch Enkeis EDR9. Each are about 16.8 lbs. Not sure how much weight difference that is from the bunk hubs on there now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.