Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

another shaking thread.

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  elwoodmurrey 
#1 ·
I'm new. I have used this forum to help with other issues I've had in the past, but this time I wasn't able to find the answer so I've become a member.

2003 Honda Accord. 4 cyl.

what happens: at 50kms/hr in the highest gear with rpms around 1500 the car starts to shake. almost feels like there is a switch triggered that starts it. It doesn't happen at any other speed or any other condition. I must accel up to 50-60kms to get it into the high gear then coast back to 50km (coasting rpm is about 1000) then just touch the gas to get the rpms to 1500 and the car will start shaking.

the spark plugs look good (not new but not that old)
I wondered if a coil was failing but at this point I can't tell. I said it feels like a switch being flipped kind of leaves me thinking this may possibly be the issue.
I have drained the tranny fluid a few times...that seemed to help leading me to think it is a tranny issue. but it continues, so I can't say for sure.
drive axles have been replaced (not recently but not original equipt)
it's not brakes or stearing.
It's high gear, low rpms with a little bit of throttle.
50km/hr is the limit in town so it happens a fair bit.
once it starts, just a bit more throttle and it stops or off the gas and it stops or delicate throttle control and I can keep it shaking

I'd like to hear what you think,

s

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.