Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

battery light and what happend

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  turner91cb7 
#1 ·
Okay i went on a 168 mile one way trip and back took 8 hours round trip with only being there for 30 minutes well half way there the battery light cam on and lights dimed to where I could barely see shut the ac off and it stoped well here a few days later and bang it comes back on barly wanted to start last two times then it went off and came back on on the way home from work and then started stalling full threotle was picking up speed about 20mph evey 50 yards well theme stoped running I was told look over all grounds and possative cables for tightness clean terminals then truer to start it and the dummy lights would barly show the tackomiter zeroed out and such when parked a town from I live at a gas station I barly got the Windows up know tell me if I am wrong it would probably be the alternater since it would have still ran after started even with a bad battery since the alternater would stay running to maintain voltage from lack of battery

#4 ·
Anyideas on the problem I am dumb founded I really am I had the car towed to my moms house for like $100 I am trying to git this figured out I went back the next day and it started right up and reved fine the first time then all of a sudden when I push the pedal down anymore than 1/4 of the way it starts sputtering bad and yes dureng the whole time the battery light was on then when at idle runs fine and then I pushed the brake in and the car died then it had notheng no power to roll up Windows or even attempt to start

#5 ·
Anyideas on the problem I am dumb founded I really am I had the car towed to my moms house for like $100 I am trying to git this figured out I went back the next day and it started right up and reved fine the first time then all of a sudden when I push the pedal down anymore than 1/4 of the way it starts sputtering bad and yes dureng the whole time the battery light was on then when at idle runs fine and then I pushed the brake in and the car died then it had notheng no power to roll up Windows or even attempt to start
lol

#8 ·
Okay brand new alternater and battery have been installed I can charge the battery all the way and once I drive for so long and it gets so low it starts doing it again so were can I find a wiring diaphrame for the wires on the charging system to find any loos or broke wires and also is there any type of relay or fuse that can cause this problem I am 100 percent sure it's the charging system since it runs fine when charged and while on jumper cables

#12 ·
Yeah it was a bad alternater it ruined the battery from running strait off the battery but anyway replaced them and car has ran fine getting me to and from work and around town for two days know o and I just decided to leave power stealing off for know I am going to replace it the egr valve and vehicle speed sensor on the first anyone know where the vss is located at

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.