Car dies while driving but then restarts perfectly fine - Page 2 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Anyone who has had car work done at a honda dealership, please choose one of the 3:
Had work done and everything went perfect down to the price? 1 33.33%
Had work done but it seemed way too expensive and still think it was a simple problem? 1 33.33%
Had work done to my car, got jacked with a bill and still no answer to your problem. 2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
VaNNage can only hope to improve
Dude,,, i Hate dealerships.. im sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I have a 98 accord, it had a recall on the ignition switch inside the car. The "fixed" it for free. I has been Fine since i got it, but since it was a recall the had to replace it. I went to the dealership on thursday and drove it home, everything was fine. Friday i wake up and drive down to my mailbox (appartments) then i try to take my key out of the ignition to open my box... well guess WHAT, POS the key is STUCK in the ignition.. I ONLY HAVE ONE KEY for my car so i Cannot lock my door SHIT...... I drive to the dealership it was VERY busy just like thursday (i waited for two hours on thursday for the engine clean and the recall) I keep my pacients and even agree that i will bring it in on monday, thats three days with my door unlocked and key in the igniton. WTF, i just keep a close eye on it and hope no one steals it.. Monday rolls around and i bring it in at 8:30AM.. They take the car back right away, i wait an HOUR get frustrated and walk through the inside of the dealership only to find that my car is behind the dealership and Still NOT TOUCHED>>>> by this time i am mad but i still keep my cool. I get the service dude to hurry them up, I wait another HOUR... 2 hours waiting for a SIMPLE problem they finally finished.. so now they blame ME for the key getting STUCK.. THEY SAY I BENT THE KEY SO IT WOULD NOT COME OUT OF THE IGNITION>> WTF IT WAS FINE FOR 7 YEARS UNTIL MAGICLY IT WILL NOT COME OUT>>> I cruise off angry at honda but glad i got a free key out of it...

Thursday: The ONLY reason i went there is to get "TE" top engine clean where they run the car and blow out all of the carbon with a special formula... well anyway it took them two hours just to do that and do the recall.. TOTAL: 100 labor + 40 service, 140$$

Monday: Two hours of frustration.. blame shit on me, and act mad when they give me an extra key..

ToTal: 4 hours :bh for somthing that i could have done in 30 mins if i had the "formula" GD I HATE DEALERSHIPS.. this is not good that it was my First trip to a dealership. only 1 week ago...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2005, 05:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
GunMetal Member

Car: 91,97,01 Accord
Mods: A lil somethin somethin
wipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a life
Dude that sucks ass! Was your recall on the ignition switch mechanical (key turn) or electrical (circuit)?

Dude please please please take my advice and do not have you engine cleaned by honda again. I have run into 3 ex honda techs who say that for the $100 dollar engine cleaning they just throw 1/3 cup of water into your crankcase 3x's and then let the engine idle to remove carbon. Then after of course replace the oil.

For only 25 dollars you could do the same thing to your car WITHOUT doing damage. Get Sea foam, run sea foam into you intake, valve cover, and fuel tank. Works much better than water and will have results better than most dealerships can offer and for 25 dollars includes an oil change. Man forget that it is probably more like $15 to do it yourself.

The fact of the matter is Honda Motor nor the dealerships give a shit about customers anymore. They know they make a good product and if anything happens as a honda motor co exec in japan stated " It's the lazy, fat ass, beer drinking americans who destroy our cars and not faulty engineering". I have only owned honda's my whole life including 2 acuras and 2 hondas but the next round will probably try a company who employs competent people ya know.

Peace out guys and remember........the only mechanic you can trust is yourself!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1989 Honda Accord LX
Mods: A totally dope air freshener.
RamThis is an unknown quantity at this point
Could this be the problem on my 89 LX? Its done this EXACT same thing to me four time now in the past month. Its driving along perfectly fine, then it seems like the engine just shuts off without warning. Pop it in Neutral, it starts up just fine and goes along its merry way for days without a hint of a problem. Then, suddenly, it will just die one day while cruising down the interstate or around town.

Is there a way I can find out if my car has a recall on it's ignition switch? Im the second owner and just had the title transferred over last month, so I know I wouldnt get a recall notice in the mail......

1989 Honda Accord LX
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 W/500HP KRC 360 Street Race Package
2000 Dodge Ram
1996 Acura Integra GSR (VEETECH) :clap:
Old 10-29-2005, 10:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
GunMetal Member

Car: 91,97,01 Accord
Mods: A lil somethin somethin
wipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a lifewipeout97 You need a life
No offense but even if the car did have a recall I will doubt that honda would honor it being the car is 16 years old. If you would like to see if its your problem just take the electrical portion of the ignition switch out and examine it for yourself. Severe burn marks on the internal copper workings will cause these issues.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1989 Honda Accord LX
Mods: A totally dope air freshener.
RamThis is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that if a recall came out on a vehicle, it didnt matter how old it was, if they found a problem that is wide spread enough that causes a safety issue. Or is there a statue of limitations they can go by, like the age of the vehicle that you mentioned? Either way, Ill check the ignition for the signs you said to look for. Couldnt be more than a $30-50 part.

BTW, anything from the Honda Stealership is friggin HIGH!!! $75 for a set of friggin wires!!! I paid that same price for a set of MSD 8.5MM Superconductors for my Dodge's 360 Magnum engine!!! But I refuse to buy that crap from Awful Zone :eek

1989 Honda Accord LX
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 W/500HP KRC 360 Street Race Package
2000 Dodge Ram
1996 Acura Integra GSR (VEETECH) :clap:
Old 11-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: '99 Honda Accord Ex Sedan CG6
Mods:
DigitalOutkast will become famous soon enough
i took my car in for the recall awhile back, now it doing the same thing i'm go dig up my service reciept and take it back to honda when i find it. i posted up the problem awhile back and someone told me the same thing with the recall and honda not replacing the ignition as they are suppose too.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
GunMetal Member

Car: 2010 Honda Fit S, 88 CRX Dx, 89 CRX Si
Mods: skeet on it.
HondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to beholdHondaGuy1122 is a splendid one to behold
what years an models does the recall apply?

just curious... dont want anything bad happening to the 95 ex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement