Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Car wouldn't start

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  vwicon 
#1 ·
I recently parked my 2000 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder sedan for a few minutes. When I got back to my car the car wouldn't start. The engine wouldn't turn over and it made a funny low sounding screeching noise, the dash board was dim and the digital read out of the mileage was messed up as I turned the ignition key. The low oil light, battery indicator, door icons, srs and brake icons stayed lit. My radio and A/C still worked. I kept trying it over and over then I let it cool down for a few minutes and the engine finally went on. What is the cause of this? Do I need a new battery? is there an electrical problem? Was it a glitch in the system? I need your thoughts, I don't wanna buy a new battery if I don't need one. Any suggestions?

#6 ·
have you checked your battery terminals to ensure that they are not excessively corroded? if there is an ecxess of white powder around the battery post and connecters, that could cause a poor connection and fits the symptoms you are describing. Try cleaning the terminals and lubing them with petroleum jelly to prevent further corrosion...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.