Clutch pedel stays stuck on floor - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 90 honda accord
Mods: Custome paint, shaved door handels and moldings, customs sound system, full air ride with three wheel full body kit, prelude motor swap with i/h/e/cams and cam gears. Roll Cage, diamond plated floor fiber glass dash
H22_ACCORD_LMT is on a distinguished road
Clutch pedel stays stuck on floor

Ok on my 94 accord when I push the clutch pedel to put the car in gear it stays stuck on the floor. And I have to use my foot or hand to pop it back up. Soemone said something abotu it needs to be bleed, but. I have no idea. PLease Help thanks>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 99 Accord sedan
Mods:
DarkSideAccord is a splendid one to beholdDarkSideAccord is a splendid one to beholdDarkSideAccord is a splendid one to beholdDarkSideAccord is a splendid one to beholdDarkSideAccord is a splendid one to beholdDarkSideAccord is a splendid one to beholdDarkSideAccord is a splendid one to behold
mine gets stuck too once in a while.... but that's becos of the car mat tho..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Mods: Custome paint, shaved door handels and moldings, customs sound system, full air ride with three wheel full body kit, prelude motor swap with i/h/e/cams and cam gears. Roll Cage, diamond plated floor fiber glass dash
no mine does not have a matt.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 95 accord LX "V-T-E-C-H"
Mods: "V-T-E-C-H" swap, super drop springs, ultra bright blue lights, dual 10" exhaust tips, huge body kit and aluminum wing so i can fly, super huge turbo i cant spool, and last but not least some 25" chromes wrapped with a huge rubberband
WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!
Well, this just happened to me last week. I was leaking Clutch fliud from my release/slave cylinder. I ran out of fliud and the pedal stuck to the floor. I replaced my release cylinder which is right in front by the tranny a little below the starter. You bleed it from there also. Try bleeding it first and then if it doesnt work maybe you'll have to replace the release cylinder too.

My Beloved CD5, RIP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2004, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 93 accord ex coupe
Mods: nippon 17 votech5 eibach springs tokico blue struts aem intake dc header custom 21/4 exhaust limo tint one piece projectors clear bumper lights future plans include h22a swap with nos lsd trans currently sponsored by trinity motorsports
ray ray will become famous soon enoughray ray will become famous soon enough
clutch

if you pedal is sticking to the floor there may be a problem with your master cylinder for the clutch or your slave cylinder see if either one of these are wet also check all your lines for leaks your master cylinder for the clutch is next to your brake resevoir it is the small cup make sure it is full of brake fluid first and then bleed your slave cylinder it is as said next to the starter right below it open the small nipple you see there and let it gravity blled if possible hope this is fo some help.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Does anyone have a pic of a 94 accord where the slave and master cyliner is located at?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Digital Racer

never mined I fixed it, thanks for all the help
Old 04-02-2004, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
HtHonda01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by H22_ACCORD_LMT
never mined I fixed it, thanks for all the help
can i asked what you did to fix it...because i was leakin clutch fluid and thought that was all i needed but i needed to have the slave fixed. i think maybe just check the master/slave cylinders to be sure
Old 04-03-2004, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Digital Racer

What happan was I was really low on fluid so I filled it up and it was fine, but now I just found out that my slave cylinder is leaking so last nite I replaced it, but for some reason I can not bleed it right. I tried for about 45 mins and the clutch is still stuck on the floor. Can someone please tell me the correct way to bleed a clutch.

This is waht I am doing, pumping thye clutch 15-20 times letting it hit the floor then my friend it opening up the little nipple and you can hear air and see fluid come out. am I do ing this right?
Old 04-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 95 accord LX "V-T-E-C-H"
Mods: "V-T-E-C-H" swap, super drop springs, ultra bright blue lights, dual 10" exhaust tips, huge body kit and aluminum wing so i can fly, super huge turbo i cant spool, and last but not least some 25" chromes wrapped with a huge rubberband
WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!
When i changed mine out i wasnt bleeding it right either.....you should have a plastic tube connected to the nipple. But anyways, its a three man job. Because when you bleed it you lose a lot of fliud so you need one guys to pump, one to keep adding fliud and one to open/close the nipple. You gotta really pump that shit too.

to bleed it you should open the nipple then pump the clutch. just like bleeding brakes. The tube helps let you know when there is no more air coming out. theres going to be a lot of air in it since you lost all fliuds. so thats why youre gonna need the third man to keep adding fliud because it'll run out again and you'll be back at where you were because air will get in it again.

My Beloved CD5, RIP
Old 04-04-2004, 07:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
HtHonda01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats why I was curious I thought maybe just bleedin it would not do it cause in the manual it states your not supposed to loose clutch fluid. When I fixed my slave I also had to replace the unit the slave is connected too.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
street316racer is an unknown quantity at this point
when i did this i had the same problem. i kept pumping when bleeding and it did the same thing for about 20-25 pumps. What we eventually did is push the clutch down, open the nipple, close the nipple, release clutch, push clutch in, open nipple, close nipple, release clutch. it seams very generic but by closing the nipple you stop air from entering the cylender when the clutch depresses, i may be wrong and it might not work for you, but this is how i got mine to finally bleed thouroughly.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods:
bonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud of
1) install slave cylinder and closer bleeder valve.
(2) with bleeder valve closed, pump clutch many times until feels normal.
(3) then, with clutch pedal pressed down, open breather, letting air out and leave it open until the fluid STOPS coming out. {once you open the breather w/ the pedal pressed, it'll go to the floor.}
(4)with breather CLOSED, pump clutch many more times. {the pedal at 1st might not come back up, you'll probably have to pull it back up w/ your hand.} Repeat 2 & 3 several times until pedal feels normal and when you open the breather fluid comes out immediately.

tips: keep a container under the bleeder valve b/c it will squirt all over.
also, keep an eye on the clutch (brake fluid) resovior. You'll have to keep adding fluid to it while doing this. Don't forget to put the resovoir cap back on quickly. And don't let the fluid level drop too low or else you'll suck more air in.

objective of this is to get the air out by pumping all the air/fluid out and keep on add more fluid until theres no more air in the fluid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement