Coolant Leak - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
455Pontiac is on a distinguished road
Coolant Leak

I have a 1994 Accord with the VTEC engine. Coolant is running across the top of the transmission case (under starter on pasenger side). It isn't coming from a hose and it is dry from above, so it is not coming from the head. I can't find a diagram of the back of the engine. Is there a freeze plug back there? It leaks even when the engine is cold. I am not familiar with this engine and would like to have an idea where it could be coming from before I start taking it apart. Any insight would be appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1994 Honda Accord Ex
Mods: 204whp/157wtq
nusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapy
Yes, there's freeze plugs back there, but I have yet to see them leak. It could be a bad coolant hose back there. One is a heater hose from the firewall to the water pipe behind the block. Then there's these two small coolant hoses from the idle air control valve behind the intake mani. It can also be that the water pipe back there is leaking.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSA Motors View Post
The H22 wakes up the Accord in the same way a set of secondaries did to your father's Oldsmobile.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement