Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Crank but no start...sometimes...

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Coreytreat 
#1 ·
Okay guys so my 95 accord EX is cranking but not starting. It started a few days ago when it got colder outside. The temperature hasnt changed much in the last few days. It started after I was driving it for about 30 mins. It stalled on me. It started right up after that but stalled a min or two later. Both times I was at a stop. Then as I was going down the road the engine was acting like it wanted to cut out on me and then acted normal after 30 secs or so. After a 10 min drive I parked. A few mins later tried to start the car and it wouldnt start at all, cranking but no start. I checked my oil and battery. Oil was low, added more. It started up. The next day I took it to work no problem, until on break I started it up, took it somewhere, came back and parked it. I tried starting it back up about 30 seconds later and it did nothing. After work, once again, it started with no problem. Drove home. Now its not starting at all. I got it to start once and drove 10 feet and it stalled. Wont start back up.

I have looked at the main rely, it looks good.
Got New spark plugs
Gas is making it to the fuel rail.
Checked the CPS/TDC/CYP sensors for resistance, all were about 8.32
I have fuel in the tank
Had the battery replaced
Everything seems to be plugged in
Battery connections are fine
D4 light gave me code 3, 13, and 14 (If anyone could tell me what those codes are, that would help also, I know how to get them but dont know how to look them up)

Thank you guys!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.