Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

F22a1 treading new waters

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tinaphps 
#1 ·
Okay well I am in the procces of pulling the f22a1 from its home in my 91 sedan and I have built naturally espired b series engines in the past but here is my idea thank you darkness for the heads up on the k20 piston mod in the f22 block so here it gose the sleaves are scheduled the 19th to be fitted with k20 pistons boring and honning the stock sleaves .40 over changing stock 85mm bore to the new 86mm bore I have been hearing and kinda seeing that the f22a1 has a vary beefy dose anyone think or know of weather it will be over doing it by turboing it by a small 10-12 psi of turbo with the sleaves being thinned down like this and if it won't what are some of the safe but beefy psi levels to run with stock internals on this block It will be my first turbo build so I am very open to the knowledge and support of my fellow Honda tuners :confused

#2 ·
If I understand right from other builds, a k20 piston will up compression to at least the 11.5:1 area, which would be incredibly bad for a 10psi turbo.

If you're going turbo, use the lower compression pistons. Bisimoto.com has f22 86mm pistons at different compression levels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.