F22a1 treading new waters - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1991 accord lx 4dr sedan
Mods: wheels,headunit,speakers,sounddeadener,
turner91cb7 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation F22a1 treading new waters

Okay well I am in the procces of pulling the f22a1 from its home in my 91 sedan and I have built naturally espired b series engines in the past but here is my idea thank you darkness for the heads up on the k20 piston mod in the f22 block so here it gose the sleaves are scheduled the 19th to be fitted with k20 pistons boring and honning the stock sleaves .40 over changing stock 85mm bore to the new 86mm bore I have been hearing and kinda seeing that the f22a1 has a vary beefy dose anyone think or know of weather it will be over doing it by turboing it by a small 10-12 psi of turbo with the sleaves being thinned down like this and if it won't what are some of the safe but beefy psi levels to run with stock internals on this block It will be my first turbo build so I am very open to the knowledge and support of my fellow Honda tuners
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!
If I understand right from other builds, a k20 piston will up compression to at least the 11.5:1 area, which would be incredibly bad for a 10psi turbo.

If you're going turbo, use the lower compression pistons. Bisimoto.com has f22 86mm pistons at different compression levels.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Tinaphps is on a distinguished road
Great site. A lot of useful information here.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1994 Honda Accord Ex
Mods: 204whp/157wtq
nusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapy
Stock pistons will do the job just fine. And don't over bore it too much, or you'll experience overheating issue.

204whp/157wtq
Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
11.5:1 cr is fine if your shooting for 400whp or less. just make sure you have a nice tuner. i myself am going 10.5:1
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Tinaphps is on a distinguished road
I love this review I really love it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement