F22A6 to H23A engine swap Non-vtec - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
zenriddle is on a distinguished road
F22A6 to H23A engine swap Non-vtec

The swap above was done onto a 93 honda accord coupe SE . A JDM H23A and tranny were installed. The intake from the F22A6 was mounted onto the H23A. Everything matched perfectly EXCEPT the distributor. The F22A had an external coil, and now the H23A has an internal coil. How do i adapt or rewire or jumper the external coils connector to power the H22A distibutor?? Also Will my original F22A6 ECU work with my H23A motor?? As of right now, the engine will not crank over. The job is practically done, and would appreciate any help to complete this nice swapover. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2008 Civic Si SEDAN
Mods: CAI, performance springs and struts, front camber kit, rear adj upper control arms
91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?
if there were any way, your best bet would be to use ecu for the h23a and make adaptations to you existing harness to make it work. you may have to swap dizzy out.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
F22A6 to H23A non vtec swap

ok as of today, the H23a ecu was installed and black and black/yellow wires on external distributor connector was jumped. Car cranked and turned on. There is stumbling, and it seems like my stock exhaust needs to be updated too. Some wiring issues, i guess, if anyone has done this swap ,please advise me as to what else has to be done, to complete this swap. If this doesnt smooth out , im gonna have this motor removed and a F22B installed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Mods: CAI, performance springs and struts, front camber kit, rear adj upper control arms
91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?
with my swap i'm planning on doing all the physical in and out stuff but i'm taking it to guy to wire it all up to make sure it's done correctly, because i know nothing about running the harness from one motor to another. it may be cheating a little but it's going to save me a huge headache in the end.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
we can't trace your wiring through the internet. and what is this stumbling you speak of? you need to be more precise in order for us to guide you to a solution.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Before i continue, i would like to know if lets say, my old intake from my F22A motor was installed onto The H23a motor, would the ECU give ECU codes because it knows its sensors from the H23a motor? The dude who replaced my motor put on my old intake manifold. I asked him why and he says he wanted everything to hook up. I think The ECU picked up on it. I havent checked the codes yet, but the engine is running like crap. This guy is just a laboror and did a great job of removing and installing engine, but doesnt make sense why he would put intake from F22a onto H23a. Anyhow, im having him install the H23a intake, from there, the ECU codes must be checked, as well as the jumper wire from the solid yellow wire to the black/yellow wire from my external coil connector. H23a has an internal coil in distributor. There are definitely ignition issues here.I was wondering should ther be any altering or adding of wires to my old harness? It is originally a 93 4th generation accord for an F22A6? or should harness be replaced?? I know it wouldnt start and they threw in the H23A ecu, and then we got cranking. Im notdoing the work, but from time to time i stop in and check where theyre at on my swap. Timing is set, im thinking one sparkplug wire is not plugged in right, then sensor issues on intake. The owner assured me if will be done in due time, i sure hope so. Any suggestions fron anyone whos done this swap, please give me the most important details, please.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1991 Accord
Mods: JDM F22B DOHC/Delta 260 regrind/Wiseco 85.5mm 11:1 pistons/Megan 4-2-1 header/AEM CAI/Apexi WS2 catback exhaust//Bisimoto 8.9lb flywheel/JDM M2A4 tranny
91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere91Accord-lx In the rep troposphere
For your dizzy you can do one of the following.

Either splice the black/yellow and solid yellow wires together.

or

Instead of cutting/splicing, you can push a 30amp fuse in to complete the circuit between the black/yellow and solid yellow wires on the harness.

or

You can swap internals of the F22A dizzy and the H23A dizzy.

Your choice. Just some ideas.

EDIT: I believe the H23's also have a knock sensor as well so that might be on e of your CEL's if you haven't wired that in. The p14 ECU (H23A) will look for one.

Also everything would have bolted up and plugged in. I went from a F22A1 to a F22B DOHC and had NO issues with things not plugging in.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
by intake do you mean just the tubing or the manifold and throttle body as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caramel Chocolate Lover View Post
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
By Intake, i mean the entire intake manifold with throttle body attached, hoses and all.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
oh okay. yeah it would be a good idea to have the H series parts bolted up. the manifold will breathe a bit better and the idle stuff on there will work better, vacuum lines, ETC... since its for teh right motor.

good luck getting it going smooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caramel Chocolate Lover View Post
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
F22A6 to H23A non vtec swap

OK Everything, is complete now on my swap. The JDM H23A Engine with matching Transmission, was done at Japanese Engines INC. at Patterson NJ. for $2000. bucks. Not bad at all. I have a 6 month warranty on engine and tranny. Both Engine and Tranny ECU were upgraded to match. The problems we had before were due to wrong firing order and ECU.
The car now on the road, is a world of difference. The transmission itself is so strong and shifts much smoother and faster than my older one. I can definitely feel the power.Its so cool to have an old 93 Accord Coupe running at full power again. I do get this vibration at my steering wheel. Feels like the steering wheel is loose? This happens at idle or park. When she moves it all smoothes out. Im planning on upgrading my exhaust to a prelude header in the future, with a CAT, and then the accord CATBACK exhaust. For now im good with my original exhaust. Also, my F22A intake manifold was installed on this motor. Runs very good. Thats another upgrade later, to the H23a intake manifold. peace gotta run !
Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

do you have an extra a/c bracket outta this whole ordeal?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
No i dont have an extra AC bracket. It was put on the H23a. Sorry.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

cool bro, i ended up getting it all sorted out. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement