F22B6 Specs? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 2003 Toyota Camrey EX
Mods: bone stock
HyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond repute
F22B6 Specs?

so i did my stock engine swap and i think i had the F22B1 now i have the F22B6. i am wondering what the difference was between the 2 engines and what's the hp/tourqe specs for this engine. its in a 96 accord. thanx guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1993 Acoord SE
Mods:
BBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant futureBBs99 has a brilliant future
you sure it's not a6?
Biggest guide to Honda engine codes - USDM, JDM and EDM
Old 08-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Iron Monk

HyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond reputeHyperFlow02 has a reputation beyond repute
nope i see the stamp as F22B6 its not on the list
Old 08-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1995 Honda Accord Ex, 5 spd
Mods:
TSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
F22b6 is a honda odyssey engine

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/67/976704AS.html

Spec
140 hp/140tq
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Well when my old motor blew (well was on the verge of blowing) i got and engine swap, the stamp on my car says F22B6. so now i have a Honda mini van engine in my car? and can i still get parts to fit my engine aka headers, CAI, cams and tru power pullies ect ect???
Old 08-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1995 Accord Lx
Mods:
xslyx is an unknown quantity at this point
LoL!!!! why did u put that engine in?!?!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Iron Monk

i didn't purposely put in that motor. the engine shop TOLD me and quoted me a F22B1 accord motor. well i just noticed the stamp on the engine as F22B6! its all fawked up. im at 3000 rpm at 62 mph, its hard as hell to get to 80 mph and the guy said its still an accord motor but w/ odyssey compatible parts? thats the biggest load of S**T i have ever heard. i am totally pissed about it. i called them today and they said that the accord engine is compatible w/ the LX, DX and the odayseey?! and i dont think it is all all i mean i have never heard that shit. so my dad is calling them tomm and chewing their ass and telling them to give us the motor they told us we would give us or to pull the motor and refund our money. I am super pissed off. what are the exact engines that come in a 96 accord DX or what what's the best F22 engine?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1997 Honda Accord SE
Mods:
metpage is on a distinguished road
wait, i thought the oddessey was v6 from the begining??? how could a 4cyl pull a minivan like that?? i would take it back and demand they put the correct engine in the car!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by metpage
wait, i thought the oddessey was v6 from the begining??? how could a 4cyl pull a minivan like that?? i would take it back and demand they put the correct engine in the car!

i am! and if they refuse then its going to become a huge legal battle b/c they told me i would get a F22B1 or 2 not a damn F22B6. has anyone else heard of this engine in accords?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1995 Honda Accord Ex, 5 spd
Mods:
TSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by metpage
Odyssey for those years were available in a i4.
The odyssey used to be a smaller, rounder van, not the bigger angular one you see today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperflow02
i am! and if they refuse then its going to become a huge legal battle b/c they told me i would get a F22B1 or 2 not a damn F22B6. has anyone else heard of this engine in accords?!
This engine was in an accord before and researching brings it up for an accord as well.
There are parts for the motor to build it up but you would prolly have to get less than name brand stuff for pulleys and ish........
If you want the engine code for a 95 EX, 5 spd accord it is F22b1 which is a 145hp/147tq SOHC VTEC engine.
I just ran my buddy tonight in his camry and I took his ass out in 2nd gear alone on my engine too. He was intake, header, exhaust and i was stock....nothign added or removed and with a/c on too.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Iron Monk

So the F22B6 is crap in an accord especially when it has accord and odyssey parts w/ it? I need help guys b/c we have already stopped the payment on the credit card. I want to F22B2 isn't that the engine that is SUPPOSED to go in my car? that's all i want is a freakin F22B2 is that to much to ask of a freakin engine exchange place? i don't think so
Old 08-31-2004, 08:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Iron Monk

*edit* i had the non-Vtec. it was the F22B2 accord engine :clap
Old 08-31-2004, 08:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 93 Accord type-r
Mods: JDM H22 / apexi vtec controller, dc header, intake, exhaust and msd wires
93ACCLUDE has a little shameless behaviour in the past
make them buy you a H22 motor and take it somewhere else and have them put that in!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1993 Honda Accord
Mods: stage 2 clutch, intake, full exhaust (DC and Powercore), full suspension (Tein SS), intake, fuel rail, pressure reg, pulleys, cam gear (all AEM), Jet ECU, Venom Injectors, DC strut bars F&R, Suspension Tech sway bars (F&R), Brembo brakes, etc.
ldraudi is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely the shop's screwup! :eek Make them pay but don't let them touch the car again. Odyssey had 4 cyl avail, even though most are 6cyl. You got a bad trade! Legally, the shop needed to replace your engine with OEM. They could get in trouble if you go after them with a lawyer. Chances are they will give you money to go away when they realize their mistake. Try being nice first, even though you want to screw them over. If that doesn't work, hire a lawyer and get nasty. I'm interested in how this comes out...
Old 09-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1995 Honda Odyssey EX
Mods: 1994 Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo
bjmsam has a little shameless behaviour in the past
So what's the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperFlow02
so i did my stock engine swap and i think i had the F22B1 now i have the F22B6. i am wondering what the difference was between the 2 engines and what's the hp/tourqe specs for this engine. its in a 96 accord. thanx guys

*edit* i had the non-Vtec. it was the F22B2 accord engine
On what data/experience are these opinions based? From what I can tell, the engine specs for a 1995 F22B6 Odyssey engine are identical to those for a 1995 F22B2 Accord engine:

Intake Valve Diameter: 32
Exhaust Valve Diameter: 29
Intake Stem Diameter: 5.485-5.495
Exhaust Stem Diameter: 5.45-5.46
Intake Installed Height: 48.08-48.88
Exhaust Installed Height: 50.15-50.95
Head CCs: 50.6
C/R: 8.8
Valves per Head (I/E): 8/8
Bore: 85
Stroke: 95
Single Cylinder: 539.08
Total Engine Displacement: 2156.31
Connecting Rod Length: 141.5
Connecting Rod Ratio:1.49

So what's the difference? What makes the "damn F22B6" a "crap engine" for an Accord? Perhaps whatever Honda did to optimize this engine for the heavier Odyssey platform actually increases flexibility for modification? Indeed, why isn't it a better choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement