Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

First honda and already stuck 1993 Accord 2.2

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Accord1320 
#1 ·
1993 accord 2.2, picked it up for my daughter last week,,,,I have cleaned and adjusted the IACV, FITV and TB (replaced the gasket as well),the EGR plugs are new and seem to have been removed and replaced, I assume that the ports were cleaned. I also have checked for vacuum leaks w/carb cleaner over every vac source including the intake. Topped off and burped the cooling system 3 times, unplugged the IACV while running and the idle drops but surges quickly @2 times per second only rising 100-200 rpm.

Still have the surging idle after cleaning TB, IACV, FIV, EGR ports and the EGR, someone said to pinch off the TB vac line and see if it dies, I pinched off the TB vac line and it did die. Is that important? I decided to order another IACV (off eBay, cheap) and it should be here in a couple of days, I hope it works. I cant find any vac leaks, sprayed C Cleaner everywhere with no change.:confused

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.