Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

General questions about 2003 Honda Accord 4dr

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fartbomber 
#1 ·
Hey guys... It's been a looooong time since i've posted in the forums....

But anyway, on to the questions! :)

I'm about to buy a 2003 Honda Accord 4dr EX, and i just have a few general questions about the car... Here goes;

1. What engine is in this thing? I popped the hood and it said i-Vtech 2.4L on the engine... But i'm not sure what model it is... I've look on the net, but can't seem to find a for sure answer..

2. Is it worth building this motor? I'm not really interesting in doing a swap because of money and time.. But i would be interested in doing what i can to the motor that's in it, presuming it'd be worth it...

3. I've read that the 06-07 accord front bumper is a direct fit to the 03 Accord... But i haven't really seen any proof of this.. Do you guys know, or have you heard of this being done?

4. Lastly... Does the stock audio console (non GPS) support the option for a sub/amp? And if not, i assume that i would have to add an aftermarket deck. With that said, would i have to replace it with the stock audio console? or would i have to install it someplace else? I saw a picture of someone that had the aftermarket deck in the cubby hole area in front of the shifter... though i do not know if he did this because he couldn't replace it with the stock console.

Any insight to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks SH community!

Vel

See less See more
#2 ·
2003 Honda Accord 4dr EX

1. What engine is in this thing? I popped the hood and it said i-Vtech 2.4L on the engine... But i'm not sure what model it is... I've look on the net, but can't seem to find a for sure answer..
K24A

2. Is it worth building this motor? I'm not really interesting in doing a swap because of money and time.. But i would be interested in doing what i can to the motor that's in it, presuming it'd be worth it.....

no. if you don't have the money for a swap, then you won't have the money for a build, unless you are just replacing the seals, rings and gaskets.

3. I've read that the 06-07 accord front bumper is a direct fit to the 03 Accord... But i haven't really seen any proof of this.. Do you guys know, or have you heard of this being done?..

I don't know.

4. Lastly... Does the stock audio console (non GPS) support the option for a sub/amp? And if not, i assume that i would have to add an aftermarket deck. With that said, would i have to replace it with the stock audio console? or would i have to install it someplace else? I saw a picture of someone that had the aftermarket deck in the cubby hole area in front of the shifter... though i do not know if he did this because he couldn't replace it with the stock console...

I usually check on Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LCD TV, Digital Cameras for compatibility of stereos. They sell/make non-rectangular faceplate frames where the OEM cover isn't a rectangle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.