Glovebox light stays on - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1992
Mods: Accord
Badboyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Unhappy Glovebox light stays on

I see that there was a TSB 92034 Interior - Glove Box Door Misaligned, Light Stays ON.

Has anyone fixed this and what did they do??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2005, 03:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1995 Honda Accord Ex, 5 spd
Mods:
TSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
Create a shim to hit the switch on the dash piece. The button to turn off the light is not being pressed enouggh. Epoxy a pencil eraser or something on there.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-11-2005, 06:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 95 accord LX "V-T-E-C-H"
Mods: "V-T-E-C-H" swap, super drop springs, ultra bright blue lights, dual 10" exhaust tips, huge body kit and aluminum wing so i can fly, super huge turbo i cant spool, and last but not least some 25" chromes wrapped with a huge rubberband
WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!
just added a little putty onto my glove box to make it able to hit the switch. It worked for a year or two, but now, the glove switch is starting to move so the light comes on once in a while. I dunno know what else to do so i just dont care about it anymore....doesnt bother me. If it bothers you enough, just take the bulbs out, the solution to everything.

My Beloved CD5, RIP
Old 02-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods:
bonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud of
i just stuck a pencil erase over the switch
Old 02-12-2005, 05:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1992
Mods: Accord
Badboyzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
type-r

I think i will try a vacuum plug. It should strech over the little tip that gets pressed. I can also always crazy glue it to the tip too. Thanks for all your input guys. At least I wasn't left in the dark.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 91 Accord
Mods: Not enough
uslspct is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it's the button. I never did anything about it. My glovebox light has been on for like 10 years now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement