Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

H22 swap on a 01 accord(need to pass emision)

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fartbomber 
#1 ·
Have a H22a4 in my 2001 accord from a 98 prelude. What I'm trying to do is pass emission but my check engine light is on and i cant check the code because it has a obd1 Ecu and a obd1 harness. What can i do to pass emission.

Thanks guys

good luck with your projects

#4 ·
Hey bro im kind of dealing with the same issues. I to have a H22A4 so I can try and pass emmisions as California is too damn strict! I have a chipped P28 ecu with a obd2a to obd1 conversion harness. Im not throwing any cells but in order to pass emmissions you do need a motor the same year if not newer than your vehicle. I have a 96 accord with a 99 prelude engine. Also to pass you need to have the same obd2 ecu as well. The problem im having is I cant find a 97-01 prelude ecu that doesnt have a immobilizer chip. The honda shops around here just wont remove it because the ecu doesnt match the vin of the vehicle and they dont care if you got a motor swap. So im on hold for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.