Help: Auto Door Lock & Keyless Remote not working - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 00 Accord LX Cpe 5 spd, 03 CRV, 01 BMW 530is
Mods:
Bearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
Help: Auto Door Lock & Keyless Remote not working

My wife's CRV, the driver's door lock is not responding to the auto door lock nor the keyless remote. The other 3 door locks works. No noise or vibration from the problem door lock, noise only come from the other 3 door locks.
Any idea?
Gone: 80 Accord, 84 CRX, 88 CRX Si(yellow), 96 Integra, 00 Accord Cpe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 94 accord
Mods: intake,exhaust,suspension,and that's it!
bigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these partsbigbux is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
My wife's CRV, the driver's door lock is not responding to the auto door lock nor the keyless remote. The other 3 door locks works. Any idea?
You'll probably have to take off the door panel and check the connections,it might just be a loose wire or something easy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 97 Accord F22B1
Mods: 94-95 OEM front end conversion, rs6 low beam HID projector retrofitted, short ram, strut and tie bars, tokico shocks, powerslot slotted brakes
D1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whore
does it make any noise when you use the automatic door switch on the door?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Bearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendBearcat Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1DragonBoi View Post
does it make any noise when you use the automatic door switch on the door?
No noise or vibration from the problem door lock, noise only come from the other 3 door locks.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Mods: 94-95 OEM front end conversion, rs6 low beam HID projector retrofitted, short ram, strut and tie bars, tokico shocks, powerslot slotted brakes
D1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whoreD1DragonBoi is a rep whore
hmmm, hopefully then there's just a wire loose that leads to the door lock actuator rather than it being completely dead. Cops have been warned against using a slim jim to help unlock newer cars with auto door locks b/c of wires that can be potentially cut or pulled.
I don't think there's a fuse for each individual door, but it probably wouldn't hurt to check.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 97 Honda Odyssey
Mods:
leswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphere
Quote:
No noise or vibration from the problem door lock, noise only come from the other 3 door locks.
Does the door switch work?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leswhitt View Post
Does the door switch work?
Door switches only work on the other 3 door locks but the driver's side.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 97 Honda Odyssey
Mods:
leswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphereleswhitt In the rep troposphere
Quote:
Based on that, I have to think the culprit is a faulty switch on the driver's door, or a wire going into it. From what I understand, that's the only thing that isn't working.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Quote:
Correct me if I'm misinterpreting this.
Driver side lock and only that lock doesn't work when: 1) button pressed on remote, 2) switch is pressed on the driver side, and 3) switch is pressed on passenger side.
In situation #2 and #3, all doors lock when switch is pressed except driver, ruling out that the switches are the problem.
If the preceding are correct, then the problem would lay within the door lock actuator and the wiring leading up to the actuator.
Check for continuity of the ground wire that leads to the actuator and voltage of the positive wire for power to check the wiring.
If they passed, then check the actuator. Apply a small amount of voltage (6 - 9V should be enough, if not, then 12V max) to see if the motor runs.
If all checks out, then I'm not sure what else yet, but if you can rule out the above, that should save you some money in parts and labor should you decide to seek paid help.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
D1DraganBoi,

Please tell me the detail on how to check the ground wire continuity and then the actuator. I am pretty handy mechanically but want to learn some electrical.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

checking ground: with a multimeter, set it to test continuity (plus symbol with a triangle sorta like this: >+)
or with a small bulb, wires and a 9V battery (wire taped to side of bulb to +side of batt; wire connecting the negative side of the battery to the chassis; and wire taped to bottom of the bulb)
place one lead from the multimeter to the negative side of the actuator harness plug/wire and the other to the chassis(some bare metal on the car) to test for continuity of the grounding or use the wire taped to the bottom and place it in the negative side of the plug; if this test is positive (bulb lights up) then you are properly grounded, if it turns out negative, you can run a wire attached to the chassis to the negative side of the plug to fix the broken ground.
next is testing for power on the positive side of the plug: if the plug were properly grounded and there is power running through the positive side, the bulb should light up, if it doesn't then check the voltage with a multimeter by placing positive lead to positive side of the plug and negative lead to the chassis and switch on; otherwise, if it were properly grounded and there is no power, the only solution i can come up with for this situation is to rebuild a new harness for the actuator.

I hope this helps. I reused one of my old posts and substituted some words.
old post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
How do I remove the driver's side door panel?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

That, I do not really know the specifics of, but the Haynes manual is a valuable resource. It can probably be picked up at your nearest autozone.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
JHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendJHONDA8 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
hey Dragon, my door locks make noises when i unlock or lock them. i'm thinking something is wrong with the door lock actuator. any suggestion? thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: '01 f350 PSD
Mods: yes, please.
clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?
Quote:
How do I remove the driver's side door panel?
remove screws, get clips out, lift.

Zero to ~fifty in fifteen seconds!
Just cruising in the neighborhood in the rain

WTB wrecked Japanese cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rex;
Swap a motor from a s2k in that 240 then you will have a beast!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement