HELP!!! clutch pedal not working - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1995
Mods: Custom Exhaust, Headers, Intake, NGK plugs and Wire, HKS Grounding Kit, Glow Gauges
Accord_x is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP!!! clutch pedal not working

so i installed everything and its all good. but the pedal dont work any more. u push it down and it stays down. try bledding it butnothing is happening. the bolt(where the the hydralic cable meets tranny) is all lined up. if u pump the clutch fork it works. but not the pedal. press on the pedal the clutch fluid come out but very slow. help
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1994 Accord Ex
Mods: Greddy Header, XTD 12 lb Flywheel &Stage 1 Clutch, Tsudo Catback
sponginpunk has a spectacular aura aboutsponginpunk has a spectacular aura about
sounds mostly likely its ur master cylinder is bad...as long as you bleed it right
XTD Stage 1 Clutch
Tsudo N1 Catback (soon to change the muffler)
Bomz SRI

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods:
bonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud of
are you leaking brake fluid anywhere?

when you bled it were there any bubbles in the fluid?
Old 05-20-2006, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Accord
Mods: Custom Exhaust/Aftermarket muffler
Accord9400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Slave cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord_x
so i installed everything and its all good. but the pedal dont work any more. u push it down and it stays down. try bledding it butnothing is happening. the bolt(where the the hydralic cable meets tranny) is all lined up. if u pump the clutch fork it works. but not the pedal. press on the pedal the clutch fluid come out but very slow. help
I had the same problem, i think what you need is a new slave cylinder. It will probably run you around 100 bucks or so.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 94 accord dx/piece of shit
Mods: D16Z6 swap, cold air, headers,full exhaust, cam gear, msd ignition, nology wires, short shifter, strut bars, optima in the trunk, a.m. alt, 17s, adj coil overs, red tail lights, cross drilled rotors with painted calipers, red interior, sound system
kameone is an unknown quantity at this point
definitely the slave cylinder, I had the exact same problem right after a shop installed my clutch and new slave cylinder, I bought a new one for like $20 and installed it, it turned out that the shop did not bleed it properly.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
tews19_1995LX is infamous around these parts
slave cylinder gaurantee it... get a new one or bleed the current one...
step one.... manually pump the pedal while someone is pouring in new brake fluid.
step 2...... keep this up until the pedal gets pressure ..once it gets back to normal have the other person close the valve on the slave cylinder ..only takes a matter of minutes
Old 05-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1995
Mods: Custom Exhaust, Headers, Intake, NGK plugs and Wire, HKS Grounding Kit, Glow Gauges
Accord_x is an unknown quantity at this point
its all good now. i replaced both master and slave cylinder. i think i broke th eslave whiule i was pulling the tranny. out. but its all good now. only 300 more miles to break in the clutch n flywheel. 1000 miles. omg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement