Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Honda Accord 1999, knock sensor or not?

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  POOOYAA 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this site and I just had a few questions about my car and what could be wrong.

So about a year ago, my car wouldn't start, the engine would start turn all the way around when i turned the key and it also was around 100 F outside. I personally thought it had something to do with the heat and that that had an effect on my car.

My mechanic said it was the knocks sensor that needed to be changed, so i started looking up what a knock sensor actually was and what kind of function it had in the car. Does it make any sense that its the knock sensor that is malfunctioning? I hooked up my car to one of those computers that were supposed to say what was wrong with it, and it showed that nothing was wrong with anything. the car ran fine throughout fall, winter, and spring, when the weather wasn't so hot. It also does not happen everyday, it's only if i park in the sun a really warm day that the car won't start.

So my question is, could it really be the knock sensor? or is my mechanic just trying to screw me over on money?

and sorry for my shitty english...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.