How to Remove Rotors on a 1993 Honda Accord - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
umoms is on a distinguished road
How to Remove Rotors on a 1993 Honda Accord

4-Cylinder 2.2 Automatic

I am having trouble figuring out how to remove the rotors on this car. I took the 4 14mm bolts in the center of the rotor and i took the axle nut off as well. What else do i need to remove to get the rotor off? Is there any step by step guides?

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 95 Accord EX 5-spd
Mods:
PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?PaHonda so um, come here often?
There are four bolts behind the knuckle that bolt into the bearing that need to be removed. Also remove the caliper and caliper bracket.

In theory the whole hub/bearing should pull out along with the rotor. Then the rotor will be able to slide over the bearing.

The bearing can get stuck in the knuckle and that is where the fun begins.

You may be able to put the tire back on and pull the hub/bearing out by shaking and pulling on the tire for some leverage.

I will caution you that you might pull the hub out of the bearing. If that happens, then bearing will need to be replaced. That bearing is pressed onto the hub.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd; 95 240sx
Mods: Everything Suspension & Brakes
rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!rnstein69 Bow down before me!
there are actually a few ways to do this.

you might want to search, i wrote a detailed and very comprehensive how to on this very topic with pics which includes the slide hammer method (may do some damage to your bearings since you have to separate them and repress them back) and the method where you remove the knuckle completely and unbolt the entire bearing from it, then unbolt the rotor from the bearing.

both are well documented in the accord forum. just search around a bit.

Evolution Performance Driving School

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd : Tein Flex Coilovers : Progress Front & Rear Swaybars : GTSpec Front & Rear Strut Tower bars : 2007 STi Brembo Brake Conversion : Hawk HPS Pads : Stop Tech Lines : DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors : Nismo Extended Wheel Studs : ACT HD clutch : 06 wrx flywheel : 18 x 8.5 Volk ce28n : 245/35/18 Kumho Ecsta XS : AVO LCA Bushings : Corner Balanced : Hella Supertones

1995 Nissan 240sx : In pieces : LS1 : T56 Transmission
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement