K24 swap parts for 94 to 97 Accord ? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Honda Accord 2 Door EX
Mods:
SouthsidezF22A is on a distinguished road
K24 swap parts for 94 to 97 Accord ?

Hello everyone ...now i have seen many civics with K20's and K24's I saw one 1991 accord with a K24 ( i dont know if you are on superhonda but that was a great swap) but i was just wondering if there are any swap parts made to swap the K series into a 94 to 97 accord ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: fuzzy slippers
Mods: fuzzy dice
DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?
k20 swap kit accord - Google Search
Old 01-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
DUH lol sometimes the simple things just fly over your head thanks for the info
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: fuzzy slippers
Mods: fuzzy dice
DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsidezF22A View Post
DUH lol sometimes the simple things just fly over your head thanks for the info
no prob dude
also check out
K20a.org
and
Hybrid Racing
you'll find a shit load more info
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1994 Honda Accord Ex
Mods: 204whp/157wtq
nusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapy
This one says it all.

CD5 K Swap

204whp/157wtq
Old 01-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
no prob dude
also check out
K20a.org
and
Hybrid Racing
you'll find a shit load more info
THANKS MAN... ALOT OF INFO WAS FOUND! I think i may just do this swap ... just waiting for taxes to come back
Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nusdogg View Post
This one says it all.

CD5 K Swap
thanks i read alot of the info... and i think imma make this swap happen
Old 01-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
Boost > swap.

K series = over rated. Much like the H series was. The stock cams on F series engines work well with boost. If your going to look for performance just boost it as it keeps the car in original condition more so than a swap. Selling a swapped car is harder to do unless your selling it to someone who wants exactly what your selling.

If you have the money to just swap an engine for a couple grand for a measely hp/tq gain then give me your old engine.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 01-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortsAccord View Post
Boost > swap.

K series = over rated. Much like the H series was. The stock cams on F series engines work well with boost. If your going to look for performance just boost it as it keeps the car in original condition more so than a swap. Selling a swapped car is harder to do unless your selling it to someone who wants exactly what your selling.

If you have the money to just swap an engine for a couple grand for a measely hp/tq gain then give me your old engine.
hahaha your answer is always to turbo. i always feel NA power is always better than boost. and if he decides to tune the bigger, more efficient motor for boost, that will always be better than a 20 year old motor that's boosted.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
hahaha your answer is always to turbo. i always feel NA power is always better than boost. and if he decides to tune the bigger, more efficient motor for boost, that will always be better than a 20 year old motor that's boosted.
not with puny 4cyls ....and at a certain point you're spending 8 grand for a swap...then 3 grand for boost.....you just far exceeded the value of the car and then some......

and the k20 is overrrrrrrrrrated
Old 01-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
k24 = bigger bottom end. and they aren't $8k

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
k24 = bigger bottom end. and they aren't $8k
it's still a 4cyl......i see no advantage to n/a over f/i in terms of power produced and response
and i'm talking the full price of a professional swap installed not a motor.still near 6000 grand to pay somebody to do it the right way....for a k24.. but to have the full benefits of the swap a k20 head is still recommended for it's enhanced features....+/-25 is worse than +/-50 of the k20

if i had to pick between the 2 motors i'd def go with the k24 over the k20
Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
Quote:
Yea, I favor boost for an accord obviously, its an economy based car so swappign in a nice N/A engine its pointless when your starting with a platform that weighs in excess of 3200 lbs with driver. It needs substansial torque to help get its fat bottom moving. N/a k24's have limited torque, even with higher compression pistons dropped in, and then your running about the same kind of cyln pressures that a boosted setup would have. Only the boost isnt constant, and you can drive it easy and have a longer lasting engine than a higher compresion N/a.

Also selling a once boosted accord is easier than one with a swapped engine, Turbocharging is much easier to undo than an engine swap. Not to mention new F22's are 1/5th the price of a new K and 1/2 to 1/3rd the price of an H.

Believe me I love the instantaneous throttle response of N/a, its great, but turbos are cheaper for the most part than building a high torque/hp naturally aspirated engine.

currently down.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortsAccord View Post

Believe me I love the instantaneous throttle response of N/a, its great, but turbos are cheaper for the most part than building a high torque/hp naturally aspirated engine.
this statement always drives me up a wall....i hhhhaaatttteeeee when you guys talk about "throttle response" in comparison to turbo cars when we are talking about tiny motors......it's not a v8 so i don't get this "throttle response" you guys are talking about when your car is properly setup and you shift you are still in boost so your "throttle response" is still there..........you guys talk about response like your 1.8-2.0 n/a is as responsive as 6.0 pushrod v8...

i have a disco potato i have flat tq and throttle response...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Iron Monk

so it takes like 2 seconds to get full boost at 3500 rpm, its still not instant full torque like a N/A car and you know it. Disco tater or not we still gota wait longer than a N/A's instant gratification for that full on shoving power.

currently down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement