Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Lip on a '97

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  turner91cb7 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket lip for my car, but I'm not going to bother if it will just scrape on speed bumps. I'm lowered on koni orange with the eibach pro kit for around a 1.5" ish drop. I'm curious, does anyone here have a lowered car and an aftermarket lip on it?

#8 ·
well yeah and thats where the funtion of the car has to fit driver style and aria functionality of corse i dont drive the same way as others but there is like 2 civics and an s2k running my town so lowe you can barly git your hand under them common sense would say it works here yeah but any other town prolly not and if you raised them like 1.5" to 2" then you could use a lip thats y when using adjustable coilovers like i am planning on doing always add your bumper lips or body kits before adjusting your height and always lower the car a little at a time rather than having it all the way so you can adjust to the clearence from the ground rather than it being to close to the ground and lossing a lip or busting a body kit

#9 ·
well i am going to try and drop my car 2" in front and 1.7" in rear because that is all my tire will permite me to right know you think a lip will work on it when i changed the rims and tires it lifted my car by like almost 2" all around so it shound be somewhere around stock hight if not like less than 1.5" lower but thats at most tires are like ehhh o yeah 205/55r16s thinking of trying 215/50r16s on latter but the place i last ordered my 205/45r16s refunded my money and did not send them to me because they said they would not fit my car width wise but the tires know amazingly do not rub that i can see when under the car or heire in the car so idk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.