Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Lowering

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  skyfox23 
#1 ·
have a question about lowering my 02 accord coupe se. i have migo coil overs and the car was already pretty low when i had them in last summer. im putting a turbo in the car right now and was looking at a new body kit mainly for the front bumber and space for my intercooler. my question is how much lower will the body kit be once i put my coil overs back on. i dont want to be scraping everywhere and this is my daily driver. i know i can adjust the coil overs but i dont want them to be so high just for clearance of the body kit. im painting the car soon anyway and would put the kit on before but i just want to be sure. if anyone has run into this and could give me some tips it would be much appreciated. thx

#2 ·
Well, you will only know if you do trail and error. I mean, I'm sure it won't be too high up even if you have the body kit on. There should be a point where it's not too low where it'll scrape the body kit nor too high.

It's all trail and error.

#3 ·
If you are going to lower your car and put a front spoiler/spliiter kit that is going to be closer to the ground that the OEM front bumper, your chances of scrapping the road is higher and there is nothing you can do to avoid that other than putting OEM springs on and not replacing the front spoiler.

I would suggest replacing the coilovers with aftermarket springs that drop the car only 1 to 1.5 inches and get matching struts.

#7 ·
You can raise the perches for the springs.
I'm just saying it's less of a hassle to corner balance the car and have reliable spring rate at all four corners when you get a pre-packaged spring/strut combo like by Tokico or Eibach.
Most DIY ricers, for the most part, will eyeball the wheel gap for corner balancing a car with coilovers. They might break out a ruler and evenly set all the spring perches too, but that doesn't necessarily corner balance the car.

Just in general, you can expect your fancy front spoiler to get busted in the future, by accident. High speed bump, deep pot hole, high-angle ramp, whatever crap lying in the roadway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.