lowering estimates** - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
kingbling1000 can only hope to improve
lowering estimates**

for the guys that got their car lowered, how much did you guys pay for installation? thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 2003 Honda accord I4 LX
Mods: So far, K&N filter, Tornado system, and 2.25 piping with thermal muffler
terrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peons
expect to pay around 150 - 300. Check your local shops.

2003 Honda accord I4.

Mods:

Customized cold air intake
2.25 custom piping with thermal muffler
Eibach sportlines
Koni yellow shocks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 2003 Honda accord I4 LX
Mods: So far, K&N filter, Tornado system, and 2.25 piping with thermal muffler
terrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peonsterrylee79 Hello down there miniscule peons
I'm posting a another post cuz i just saw my pos count and it was 666.

2003 Honda accord I4.

Mods:

Customized cold air intake
2.25 custom piping with thermal muffler
Eibach sportlines
Koni yellow shocks

Old 01-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1994 CD7, 2007 Z4 3.0si
Mods: one time i tried to list them and i ran out of room...if you really want to know ask me.
street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!street_accord94 Um, 1 million? Damn!
I wouldn't bother having a shop install it if you are decent with tools and following directions. It's a very easy job and shouldn't take more than a day.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
i charge $100 if someone just asks me to lower their car and they provide the parts....if they order the parts thru me, i charge them like $70....and they normally save money on the springs and struts thru me too....so they can save upwards of $50 just by buying and installing thru me

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
haha i wish i lived near you. just called up two shops and one said $400 and another one said $450.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 95 accord LX "V-T-E-C-H"
Mods: "V-T-E-C-H" swap, super drop springs, ultra bright blue lights, dual 10" exhaust tips, huge body kit and aluminum wing so i can fly, super huge turbo i cant spool, and last but not least some 25" chromes wrapped with a huge rubberband
WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!WaLLeYeMan Um, 1 million? Damn!
Do it yourself. Its easy. Just find a friend that knows his or her shit and do it yourself.

My Beloved CD5, RIP
Old 01-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
jckazz333 is an unknown quantity at this point
i just purchased tein full coilovers... set me back $700
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 2007 Acura TSX 6spd
Mods: stock
ThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problem
guy lowering your car is like the easiest thing you can do next to changing oil, installing an intake or washing your car. hardest part is driving to a shop to have your stock springs removed and replacing it with the lowering spring. I hope you do it yourself, its real easy. get a haynes or a Honda Repair Manual and tackle it yourself. But remember not to remove the stock springs without a spring compressor as it will spring back and might hurt you badly or potentially fataly damage you. if you take your stock spring/stut assembly to a shop they'll replace your stock springs with your lowering springs for less than $20 and it'll take less than 5 minutes for them.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
the shop i called up said they would take around 2-4 hours and charge from anywhere to $400-450.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
it's a one hour job and will take no more than $100 to do...just keep looking around.

or save yourself $100 and do it yourself.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
Mods: h23vtec
98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy
i'd do it yourself. If its your first time doing something like this...take your time, take a look at it first, come up with a plan of sequence then do it. The sequence of removal is pretty important to make it a quick job. Just remember, during removal, the top of the shock assembly will be the last thing unbolted and during installation it will be the first thing bolted. If you need any help there are plenty of people here that do their own work and will be able to help you.
1/8 mile 7.61 @93.3
Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Mods:
and remember, only ninjas like me and blakeypoo can take off springs without spring compressors

Old 01-24-2006, 06:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 2007 Acura TSX 6spd
Mods: stock
ThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problemThirdLane has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL
and remember, only ninjas like me and blakeypoo can take off springs without spring compressors
pretty shot of your spyder stepping its ass out
Old 01-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods: Go-fast stuff, Alpine 9855, Infinity Perfect 10.1 & 6.1 w/ a few hundred watts on each via Pioneer 5100T & 7100M.
Nathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peonsNathan123 Hello down there miniscule peons
Lowering my car costs me about an hour and $0.

But, seriously, it's nothing to difficult to install springs if you have the tools. Go with what 98vtec said. And be careful with compressed springs.

'02 EB Z06
mods: Vararam intake, Breathless bridge, Dynatech Supermaxx SS headers & X-pipe, Breathless shifter, Dyno tuned (~400 RWHP).
1/4: ???

SOLD:
'01 Camaro SS M6 (Lid & Nitto 555Rs, best 12.6@110)
'95 Formula M6 (CAI, Mac hdrs/Y, cutout, SZ50EPs, best 13.6@103)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement