More Horses and Torque out of an F23 motor - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2005, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
alizezaccord has a little shameless behaviour in the past
More Horses and Torque out of an F23 motor

What are some ways to tune, get more horses and torque, better fuel delivery and anything to make an 99 Accord Coupe better? Headers, Intake, and Exhaust dnt worry about posting those.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1995 Honda Accord Ex, 5 spd
Mods:
TSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationTSM_Pikachu Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
No i/h/e
No swap
No nitrous
No turbo or supercharger
.................................................. ..um......
First of all, search.........

2nd of all..................
THERE IS NOTHING TO TUNE WITH YOUR STOCK ECONO BOX MOTOR WITHOUT ADD ONS.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Mods:
boostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHO
weclome to SHO...

yes... please check the sticky threads.. tons of info for you

but if i were u, i would just go for looks.. performance is hopeless in an accord
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
alizezaccord has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Replied

I have headers, exhaust, and a intake. I have a few more mods to but will like to see other people views also. I will get horsepower out of an accord. Its been done before and anyways Im good for looks right now.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1990 Si Hatch TEAL
Mods: 4th GEN. ACCORD; build up in progress....
ITR_typeR will become famous soon enoughITR_typeR will become famous soon enough
well.... ya, i think that there is a way to make a accord fast, havn`t u seen the guy out here with 240hp to the ground in his full interior accord and it is all motor and runs a 12.5ish or something close to that.... then there is a way to make a accord fast, i would get I/H/E/pullies/SAFC or VAFC tune it on a dyno (get some gas mileage and some power (mostly mid-range torque)/CAT/milled head/etc. u r probably talking free mods... so i guess do the bypass mod and hut away....

" berTUNED since Birth!"
Let Me Know If U Need OBD-0/OBD-1 tuning/chipping/information
...::Shawnee::...

Old 04-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Virus

Mods:
boostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITR_typeR
well.... ya, i think that there is a way to make a accord fast, havn`t u seen the guy out here with 240hp to the ground in his full interior accord and it is all motor and runs a 12.5ish or something close to that.... then there is a way to make a accord fast, i would get I/H/E/pullies/SAFC or VAFC tune it on a dyno (get some gas mileage and some power (mostly mid-range torque)/CAT/milled head/etc. u r probably talking free mods... so i guess do the bypass mod and hut away....

wow
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1979 Porsche 911SC, 95 Chevy S-10, 2 1990 Miatas
Mods: Don't you wish you knew
hobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problemhobie237 has a Rep problem
i'd throw in an h22
Old 04-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 95 S14, 01 IS300
Mods:
mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?
if you can be easy on the Gas with a Intake..go for it.
i now be getting 27 on city, i am supposed to get 23 as the factory specs tells me...

My S13/S14 Build Thread
Old 04-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic
wow

12.5 in an all motor sohc 6gen? yah right.

the best i've seen an all motor f23 6gen run is around GSR w/ bolt-on territory....no where near the 13s mark.

the best torque adder would be a turbo, but the f23 isn't exactly a great place to start.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: S2000
Mods: STOCK!
Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?Liquid_Snk you're still here?
Tire DYNO F23 148 whp 145 tq

I have a 00 accord F23 5spd I dynoed at moroso motorsports park the other day during the NHRA. I got 148 WHP and 145 Toque un-tuned. I have cai/headers 4-2-1/Greddy Evo II cat back with a test pipe, complete pulleys kit, cam gear and fuel pressure regulator which are both still set up at stock settings and i still have stock internals. I recently bought a stage 2 clutch kit after I dynoed. My clutch was almost completely gone while on the dyno trying to get the car into gear so I only ran once and never tuned. I will be going back to tune soon after I get the clutch kit, MSD, and a SAFC installed.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car:
Mods:
krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00AccordBoost
I have a 00 accord F23 5spd I dynoed at moroso motorsports park the other day during the NHRA. I got 148 WHP and 145 Toque un-tuned. I have cai/headers 4-2-1/Greddy Evo II cat back with a test pipe, complete pulleys kit, cam gear and fuel pressure regulator which are both still set up at stock settings and i still have stock internals. I recently bought a stage 2 clutch kit after I dynoed. My clutch was almost completely gone while on the dyno trying to get the car into gear so I only ran once and never tuned. I will be going back to tune soon after I get the clutch kit, MSD, and a SAFC installed.
your new results will be: 152 WHP and 138 Ft/Lbs
Old 04-28-2005, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods:
bonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud ofbonestock94 has much to be proud of
Quote:
even if it had 240hp it needs more than that to lug an accord into mid 12s
Old 04-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1990 Si Hatch TEAL
Mods: 4th GEN. ACCORD; build up in progress....
ITR_typeR will become famous soon enoughITR_typeR will become famous soon enough
first of all i was replying to the guy that said accords were slow up top and yes, in the video forum their is a guy in a CB7 4th gen accord with a H22 (this is the car i was using for an example) dude is from AZ and ran a best of 12.8or something.... dude, u guys are retarded, u need to look for older posts then when someone replies to it u need to look to see what we are talking about, nowhere in that post i said that it was a SOHC accord.... all i said was that dude should take back what he said when he said that accords can`t be made fast.....

" berTUNED since Birth!"
Let Me Know If U Need OBD-0/OBD-1 tuning/chipping/information
...::Shawnee::...

Old 04-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
SH Virus

Mods:
Quote:
first of all i was replying to the guy that said accords were slow up top and yes, in the video forum their is a guy in a CB7 4th gen accord with a H22 (this is the car i was using for an example) dude is from AZ and ran a best of 12.8or something.... dude, u guys are retarded, u need to look for older posts then when someone replies to it u need to look to see what we are talking about, nowhere in that post i said that it was a SOHC accord.... all i said was that dude should take back what he said when he said that accords can`t be made fast.....
wow
Old 04-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
just like boostaholic said....performance is pretty much hopeless

1/4mi times doesn't mean shit.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread