Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Muffler Recommendations?

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Darkness 
#1 ·
Ok, so I bought a nice cheap exhaust off of ebay a few years ago (and other than a few minor issues, it actually pretty much fit, lol). Here's where I'm at: the God-like high performance awesome N1-style muffler (yea, that's sarcasm) is pretty well ragged-out. So, I'm looking for some suggestions on a replacement muffler; preferably something that is an actual muffler, you know, oval-shaped and all. I'd like to get one with a 2.5 inch inlet (pretty sure the exhaust is 2.5, and even if it's 2.25, I'd rather step it up .25 inch than down, unless that wouldn't hurt it?). If anyone can help me out here, suggestions, where to get one, I'd be much appreciative.

Thanks

#6 ·
I second the WS2.

If you look up mufflers a straight through with steel wool packing like the ws2 will be beneficial in noise reduction over a hollow muffler. Like the apexi N1. Lots of loud rasp with that style.

You may want to replace your resonator while your at it with an18" vibrant extra quiet. You will not be sorry.

#7 ·
apexi ws2 is a chambered muffler. In other words you won't make as much power up top in comparison to open designs.

However, it's a negligible couple hp at most and really not a big deal unless you are turbo.

#10 ·
No its straight through design, perforated core and inbetween the core and the outer walls is.packed with sound deading wool.

Ill take a picture if you want, I have one in the basement.

#8 ·
yea, not that worried about the up top power; very, very....very mild car (like, intake and exhaust...too poor for the header lol), so just want it to sound good without being obnoxiously loud and irritating to me and everyone else. As far as the WS2 in particular, thats pretty far outside the price range I'm looking at from what I'm seeing; how much would the vibrant extra quiet (shows as a 10 inch, 14 inch overall) resonator do by itself? just doing that and keeping the muffler I have for now? To be honest, I don't think the cat-back I have on it even HAS a resonator (and at times, especially in first and second gear, it sounds kinda like metal a$$-cheeks flapping together, for lack of a better way to explain it)...yea, I are a exhaust dummy, lol, trying to learn though...

#17 ·
I wouldnt get a dual tip, but thats just me. its an extra expense, and you really dont need the extra room when the exhaust is probably only 2.25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.