Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Power steering problem. Help!!!!

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fartbomber 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. So I have a 99 accord v6 that is making a horrible power steering whine/grinding noise. I have replaced the rack and pinion along with a new pump today and the problem is still there.
Now a few months ago the high pressure hose was leaking so I bought a new one from o'reillys and had it put on. Well since that day it hasn't been the same. I'm wondering if I should have bought the hose from the dealer. I had heard that the dealer hose is the correct internal diameter while the hose from the other parts places are not. So that could be my problem???
Anyone else have this happen? Is this correct? This problem is driving me crazy.

#4 ·
Did you use Honda power steering fluid? You can't use regular power steering fluid.
If not, flush out the old fluid, pour in new fluid. Turn car on, turn the steering all the way to the left, turn all the way to the right, do this a couple of times, check the fluid resevoir and refill to max if it has gone down. Continue steering lock to lock left and right a couple more times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.