Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

seat options for 1994 accord LX

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nusdogg 
#1 ·
The nice leather seats in my 1994 accord were not well taken care of and are cracking apart. I called around and shops want about 1200 bucks to reupholster the seats (not worth it for a 18 year old car with 270k miles on it) I found bucket seats on eBay for like 250 a set, but I believe they require a conversion kit. I'm mostly fixing this car up to last as long as it can and be comfortable. Are the bucket seats comfortable or do you know where I may be able to get factory seats, or even diy upholstery kits that won't break the bank. I'm hoping to get the seats looking decent for less than 400.

#2 ·
Reupholstery isn't easy. I tried on a 95 Accord. It was a cloth seat but stunk of body odor. You have to sew a new cover and that's not easy for a non-sewer.
I ended up buying a Corbeau seat bracket, that's around $75 to $90 for the 95 Honda Accord driver's sdie and a Corbeau seat, which can start around $220 for their fixed-back seat and over $300 for their adjustable seat back versions. Go on their website to see what they have. CORBEAU.COM: Official Site: Seats for Street, Race, Off-Road, and more
The universal sliders for some seats require you to custom weld brackets to accomdoate the universal slider, if you dont' want to deal with that, just get the Corbeau bracket. Sparco and Momo, I think make car specific seat brackets. So, going with Corbeau bracket and a cheap seat can cost under $350.

To note: I've bought their Forza seat. That's nice and lightweight but is very uncomfortable on long drives. I've bought their TRS seat which is nicer but the seat bottom gets uncomfortable on long drives. I bought the Forza seat from a local store a long time ago. I bought the TRS seat from Welcome to SPS and Solotime! The TRS seat I got was leather was expensive but nice. The Forza seat I got was vinyl and inexpensive.

#3 ·
That's still a lot more than I want to spend on a car that was 2000 dollars to begin with lol. I'm starting to look more towards factory fitted seat covers. There's been a seat cover on the driver's seat since i bought it, but it's a cheap walmart one, ugly and slips off. I've seen some that look really nice, and look a lot like a nice leather upholstery job. Has anyone had a good experience with them, and found them for under 400 for the whole car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.