Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

silencer on a muffler

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Darkness 
#1 ·
my brother just bought a 94 accord 2dr, 5spd, with some performance mods. just from seeing them before, i recognized he has a Glasspack muffler under there. but he doesn't want it to be as loud as it is..so is there a silencer that fits on a glasspack or do you need a new muffler..or can he put the stock one back on with other mods...does that restrict the other performance mods?

p.o. said there was a new bigger (than stock) engine in there...i saw d22 on the engine (or maybe h22..not sure.)

#6 ·
Engine size, in this case, doesn't really matter. It's a 4 cyl. Accord.
From what I recall on my 95 Accord LX, after the catalytic converter, there's one mid-pipe that has a silencer, then there a second pipe that goes to the back and at the end is the muffler.
It would be best to replace the whole cat-back system to an set-up OEM that can be made at any muffler shop. A Pacesetter muffler would be a cheap alternative and it would have a nice chrome tailpipe. Pacesetter is louder than stock but mildly loud. It's not a stainless steel system so it can rust like OEM so it will last as long if you are in a northern climate. The black paint peels off too but no one really sees it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.