Squeaking noise from the back of the car!! - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
redEYEjedi is on a distinguished road
Squeaking noise from the back of the car!!

Help!!

This squeaking noise is driving me crazy and I can't figure out what it is!! Whenever i go over bumps the back of my car squeaks. Has anybody had any similar problems? Could it be my suspension? The sound seems to be coming from the inside of the back of the car though. Any thoughts or suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 civic ex
Mods: mez :ninja
dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
probably need some new struts

What kind of Work Wheel is this?!?!

Original Pencil Pusher Thread.. never forget

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
The thing is.. i just bought new Tokico Illuminas last July.. I would hope I don't need new struts.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 civic ex
Mods: mez :ninja
dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
The thing is.. i just bought new Tokico Illuminas last July.. I would hope I don't need new struts.
okay well why dont you start off by telling us youre entire suspension setup

What kind of Work Wheel is this?!?!

Original Pencil Pusher Thread.. never forget

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
I just have Tokico Illumina's and Eibach Prokits. Nothing drastic so I don't see any major issues that should be occurring.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: '00 SSM CG3, '05 CBR600RR Tribal, '08 GD3 SSM
Mods:
Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?Shaggs2Dope What did you do to deserve all this rep?
usually squeaking is blown struts, or the sway bar. After time, the rubber mounts on the sway bars deteriorate. Time for some polyurethane ones. Also, it could be dead coils rubbing, but 99% of the time if your shocks are new, its sway bar

Far from Newbie, this is my 7th time re-registering after board crashes since early 2000
Old 02-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
I figured it out. Its not even my suspension. It was like a vibrating metal noise that came from my trunk spring bars. A few years back one of my friends thought they had to take out the spring bars when installing my rear speakers and broke the clip that holds them together. I tried making the bars vibrate and that was the sound. Totally forgot about that and thought it was nothing important. I never took much notice since the bass from my 2 Kickers usually droned everything else out, but now that i dont listen to music that loud anymore it actually does make a difference.

I tried pushing my car up and down from the trunk area to see if my suspension made any noise and it didnt so thats how I know it wasn't the suspension either. Thanks for the input though guys. Someone suggested "rocking the boat" and that helped me to figure that part out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement