SRS light stays on! - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2001 accord coupe 2.0esi
Mods: 18'' wheels/Lexus rear lenses/ Induction kit/Fog lights....
marvowens is on a distinguished road
SRS light stays on!

WHAT A F*****G BALL ACHE!!! Driving along today and stopped at traffic lights, all of a sudden SRS light comes on- now won't go off! Suppose another trip to the man with the red overalls again!!! Anyone had theirs done at Honda? Been online to see if it can be DIY'd but can't find the yellow plug!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1998 Honda Accord Lx
Mods: h22a turbo
Oscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
Here u go man its been cover many times before. But idk if it would work on your car since you did remove fuse or disconnected something you were just drivng. But good luck hopefully this works I'll check my car and see if I post pics of where the plugs are located. I have a 98 accord so hopefully they are located in the same place.

How to reset SRS Light
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: '00 Accord LX, '90 CRX DX
Mods: AEM intake with K&N filter, Two 500 watt MTX5000's w/1200 watt amp, Panasonic Deck w/remote, 18" x 7.5" Alba Blaze rims (busted tranny) / ebay CAI with K&n filter
simguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep tropospheresimguy665 In the rep troposphere
speaking from experience with my 00 accord...

the light comes on when the fuse is either blown or if the seat/seat wiring are removed/unplugged and the car is turned on.

blown fuse is under lifetime warranty by honda and they will replace it for free at the dealership. if the wiring was unplugged, well i dont know. that might not be free.

srs is the supplemental restraint system and it my prevent the airbag from deploying in a crash or cause other problems. just ride up to honda on a weekend and its done in no time.

NO MORE ETHANOL!!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Janessa View Post
Here u go man its been cover many times before. But idk if it would work on your car since you did remove fuse or disconnected something you were just drivng. But good luck hopefully this works I'll check my car and see if I post pics of where the plugs are located. I have a 98 accord so hopefully they are located in the same place.

How to reset SRS Light
Thanks man, really would appreciate some pics from your car, I've been upside down in the drivers footwell but nothing looks remotely like the yellow plug in the pics!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by simguy665 View Post
speaking from experience with my 00 accord...

the light comes on when the fuse is either blown or if the seat/seat wiring are removed/unplugged and the car is turned on.

blown fuse is under lifetime warranty by honda and they will replace it for free at the dealership. if the wiring was unplugged, well i dont know. that might not be free.

srs is the supplemental restraint system and it my prevent the airbag from deploying in a crash or cause other problems. just ride up to honda on a weekend and its done in no time.
Hmmm fuse seems quite likely cos I was driving at the time! Haven't messed about with the seats or dashboard etc..... Will try to reset and if that fails its a trip to the dealership to get ass raped...... lol
Old 07-02-2009, 01:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 01 Accord EX
Mods: AEM Intake,17" black bedlined Rota wheels, full ebay exhaust.
sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!sheep Um, 1 million? Damn!
dont know if this could be it, i might just be shooting in the dark here but i had this when i first bought my car and was going to make the used car dealer pay for everything and they had me take it to honda and it turns out it was a re-call on the airbag computer or something like that, but they replaced it for free.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Young&Dangerous

Car: 01' Prelude Type SH
Mods:
Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!Type_SH RaCer Bow down before me!
the plug might be in the fuse box.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1998 Honda Accord Lx
Mods: h22a turbo
Oscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doOscar_Janessa Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
Yeah I'll try to get some pics up soon since I have yo do it anyways since I accidentally removed the fuse while the ignitions was in the on possition. It's been like that about 6months I've been lagging it. But I've nvr done it but I've read that post like 8 times though. Good luck if u happen to do it before I do.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 97 Accord EX
Mods: SO FAR... AEM Ram Air Intake, MSD Ignition & Wires, Invidia Cat-back.....
SlowRide is on a distinguished road
Yep coverd many a times but, not difficult. Too me a minute to find the short plug but once i did, easy as pie.

www.gen5alive.com
Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
dashyt2dafulliz is an unknown quantity at this point
I had this problem on both of my accords, it was the seat buckle that needed to be replaced. I reset the SRS a couple of times and it would come back on.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 94 Accord EX
Mods:
accordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphereaccordvtec94 In the stratusphere
There are a few recalls that involve the 6th gen Accord and the SRS system. The seatbelt buckle is among them, and so is a sensor in the passenger seat that lets the airbag system know if there is an occupant in the pass seat. I'd see if there are any open recalls on your vehicle before trying to fix it yourself.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Finally got the SRS light turned off today...... Took it to the dealers and bent over! 46 in total..... not bad for 20 seconds work huh! Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement